Wednesday, October 18, 2017

DIY Dollar Tree Romantic Room Decor






I found these rattan balls at the Dollar Tree and thought they would look great
on a string of indoor/outdoor white lights.
The rattan balls come in 3 sizes and 3 colors. I decided to get the smallest size in natural, 6 to a pack.
I bought 3 packages The balls can be painted or dyed. You can even use colored lights for a different look.

The lights were a string of 100.
First I plugged in the lights to make sure they would reach the plug :) Strung the lights across my headboard and then came back across. I just pushed the balls over the lights.No need to glue but you could add a bit of hot glue if you prefer. I skipped about every 5th bulb.
I  think it has a warm and cozy look. I think I will leave them up year round.
Let me know what you think.
xoxLisaS
 



6 comments:

  1. Wow, amazing how the balls catch and expand the light's glow! Thanks for sharing with Party in Your PJs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I love dollar store upcycles--thanks for sharing yours at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, so glad you like this.
      Your party is so fun! xox LisaS

      Delete
  3. Very creative idea! It looks nice on your headboard. Thank you for sharing with us on Party in Your PJ's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting! I appreciate the support.
      xoxLisaS

      Delete

A Bright Easter to you

Greetings my friend ! I wanted to share with you one of my new  Ellen H. Clapsaddle postcards. I love the sweet faced children in her painti...