Thursday, September 20, 2018

Painted Glass Pumpkin Candy Jar

I found this Pumpkin Candy Jar at the Thrift Store this morning.
 
It was marked  $1.00 and I just could NOT pass it up.

 
 
 
These jars will show up from time to time. They are made by Anchor Hocking and they
 
are still available on their website. Target has these on line.
 
I found the jars on this site for a good price in case you are interested.
 
 
 
I love this jar as is but I really love the silver pumpkins from the
 
POTTERY BARN
 

 Pottery Barn Catalog October 2018
 
 
 
That's the look I'm going for-
 
 
I am going to show you how to make two different versions.
 
 
 One will be painted on the inside only, beautiful shine, looks like Mercury glass, 
 
perfect for Fairy Lights or faux candles
 
but NOT food safe.
 
The other will be painted on the outside only, and can be used for candy
 
 
 
 
We will need a Jar-
 
Plastic bag, painters or masking tape

 
 
Mirror or silver spray paint


 This paint is awesome and it's made for glass.

 
 To paint the outside, cover inside with bag and tape the open edge.
 
 
After paint is dry, flip jar over to paint the bottom.
 

Let dry thoroughly 




 
To paint the inside only, wrap bag around outside of jar and tape the edge.
 
Paint just the underside of the lid.

 
Let dry thoroughly
 
 

 
Here is a full shot of the mantle



 
 
Here are both pumpkins, on the left painted inside
 
on the right painted outside.





 
 The small glass pumpkins are from the Dollar Tree

 
This pumpkin was painted on the inside
and filled with Fairy Lights

 


 
 
 
This pumpkin was painted on the outside
and has battery powered votive candles inside.



 


 
Here are the Fairy Lights
 
 
These lights came from Target's After- Christmas sale at 90%off .... and ......

 
 
The CANDY came from Dollar tree
 
Here is the easiest recipe ever-
 



 
''PAYDAY'' CANDY HACK
 
1 Bag approx.  8  oz.  CANDY CORN
 
1 Jar  approx.  8 oz. DRY ROASTED SALTED PEANUTS
 
MIX!

If you love salty sweet YUM!

It tastes a lot like a PAYDAY candy bar.




It's official.... FALL IS HERE!



Thank you for spending some time with me today.

I hope you have a wonderful week.

xo Lisa S
 
 
 
 


34 comments:

  1. Lisa, these are so cute!! Such an amazing transformation! You are so creative!!!
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily,
      What a sweet comment! Thank you so much for visiting.
      You really made my day-
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  2. Oh that is so cool! Love anything with glass and lights! And...I have to try that mirror effect now. I have seen that at home depot but I think seeing how good your pumpkin looks makes me want to try it. Thanks so much. Saw your post at grandmas house we go party:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. K.
      I am so glad I inspired you to try the mirror paint !
      I really love the look and it's easy. Thanks for your sweet comment. Glad you stopped by to say HELLO!
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  3. I've done this before too--I love how yours turned out! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome makeover! Thanks for sharing at TFT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amber
      You are sweet!
      Thank you so much for hosting! xo Lisa S

      Delete
  5. I love the look of your metallic pumpkins. I want to make my own now Thanks for sharing with Creatively Crafty Link Party. #CCBG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet
      Thank you so much- I am sure you could find a jar this time of year at any thrift shop. Thanks for visiting. I appreciate you hosting! xo Lisa S

      Delete
  6. This is just brilliant! Now I want to get to Goodwill to see what I can get also and turn into this neat Fall craft!! Hope you have a good week ahead. I pinned this also. Best wishes from Thursday Favorite Things. Linda @Crafts a la mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      I hope you find one! I found 2 more since I painted this one ;) Thank you for hosting and always sharing an encouraging word! xo Lisa S

      Delete
  7. That is just gorgeous! I have this same pumpkin jar. I've always loved it, but I love it even more in silver! Thanks for sharing it at Thursday Favorite Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam,
      You made my day! I am so glad you liked this easy project. I appreciate you so much. xo Lisa S

      Delete
  8. Turned out great! I have that same glass pumpkin jar. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jann,
      I think we like the same things :)
      Have a great week- xo Lisa S

      Delete
  9. LOVED how it turned out! Thanks for sharing with us at the To Grandma's House we go link party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so glad you liked this simple project.
      I always appreciate your visit and sweet comments.
      Thanks for hosting. xo Lisa S

      Delete
  10. Great idea. I am going over to Lowes to purchase some of that mirror effect paint and going to try it out. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kippi
      I am so glad you are going to try the mirror paint.
      I know you will love it.
      XO Lisa S

      Delete
  11. I love these! I will definitelt being trying this. Can't wait! Thank you for sharing at Celebrate It!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teri that's Awesome! You will love this paint.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  12. Same look for a whole lot cheaper! Great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colleen,
      You are so right! I have expensive taste and no money.
      :) Thank you so much!!!! xo Lisa S

      Delete
  13. What a great idea! I love how these turned out! I've never used the Mirror effects spray paint but now I want to try some! Thank you!

    Virginia
    More to Mrs. E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Virginia,
      It's nice to meet you! Thank you so much. You will love the paint. So glad you stopped by to say HELLO!xo Lisa S

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Thank you so much !
      It was so nice to have you visit.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  15. This pumpkin candy dish is SO lovely Lisa! I made it a feature at this week's Whimsical Wednesdays Link Party. Thank you SO much for sharing it with us. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet!
      I really appreciate you so much-
      Have a great week, xo Lisa S

      Delete

A Bright Easter to you

Greetings my friend ! I wanted to share with you one of my new  Ellen H. Clapsaddle postcards. I love the sweet faced children in her painti...