Friday, December 14, 2018

How To Paint Buffalo Check on Mini Gumball Machine

 
I have been seeing  hundreds of gumball machines turned into the cutest snow globes.
 
When I went to THE DOLLAR TREE .... yes again, I found these mini's !
 
They are only 5'' tall.
 
I decided I would just paint them and use them as is- but you could change them to snow
 
globes or tree ornaments if you prefer.
 
 
 
I know you are thinking '' Does this girl do anything else besides shop at Dollar Tree?''
 
Well.... yes I do go there A LOT,  but I find so much inspiration.
 
I hope you are not too sick of these 1 dollar crafts!
 
 
 
The mini's have a removable cap, but the globe does not remove.
 
Set the gumballs aside for now or go ahead and fill.
 
The bubble gum is pretty good :)
 
Update: The gum is gone, but SKITTLES will work fine in the dispenser! 
 
These fully working mini's already have vertical ridges on their sides
 
 so we will use those ridges as our lines. You know me I don't use tape if I don't have to !
 
You will need paint and a small square tip brush.
 

I used Tuscan Red and Black
 
 
 
I painted the large vertical ridges with Tuscan Red
 
 
Paint the horizontal lines top and base then estimate your center stripe line.
 

Every place where the paint overlaps you will paint a black square.
 
A square brush like the one shown will make your work easier.
 
 
That's it !
 
 
These cloth Buffalo Check trees were my inspiration.
 

 
 
As a snow globe, with one of my handmade snowmen
 
sitting on a piece of cotton batting.
 
 
Just sitting on a shelf

 
Here they are together.
 

 
 
They are a pretty cute little gift for a dollar....
 
Thanks for visiting- xo Lisa S 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. These are just too cute, Lisa! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm--pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,
    These are so cute. You can use them any time of the year. Please stop by Over The Moon Linky Party since you are being featured.
    https://eclecticredbarn.blogspot.com/2019/01/over-moon-linky-party.html
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete

Seed Packet Junk Journal

  Hi friends! Spring is here and I can't wait to be in the garden! After planting I saved the empty seed packets. I made these mini jour...