Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Upcycled Red Truck and Green Volkswagen Christmas Tree Ornaments

The longest title for the simplest project!


I have been making these for about four years now. They are always good sellers

at the Craft Shows. The only items you will need can be found at the Dollar Tree.

Not to worry, they have these cars year round and the red Truck and green

 Volkswagen are always available.


You will find these Maistra cars in the toy department.




You will need a small tree. These are available at the Dollar Tree, or

any craft store. Hot glue gun and glue, about 12'' of Baker's Twine.

Baker's Twine can also be found at the Dollar Tree.



Remove the base of tree.

Use pliers to curl under the wire "trunk" so it has no sharp ends.

Hot glue tree to top of car.

Tie around the car and tree.



Add  a little bit of Tacky glue to the windshield, bumpers and tree.

 Then sprinkle a bit of glitter for snow.



OOPS! Looks like I need some more!




If you are not a glitter lover,
you can add  small dabs of white paint to look like snow.



The kids can play with these no problem!

Let them race around on the floor.

You can use as tree ornaments or set out as décor.





Do your kids love to play look for a Volkswagen?

We always did.



 

I don't think I will ever get tired of the little Red Truck!













Enjoy!
 -Merry Christmas-

xo Lisa S






17 comments:

  1. Just so cute! Think I see a trip to the Dollar Tree coming up. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra
      Thanks so much! I'm glad you like the dollar tree like I do :) xo Lisa S

      Delete
  2. i don't think I'll ever get tired of the red trucks either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw I love it! So cute! I'm totally going to try this next year!
    https://www.quirkybohemianmama.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      It's so nice to meet you- xo Lisa S

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, these are adorable! Both of my daughters have had VW Beetles so they would love these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna,
      Thank you ! I love the vw's too. I was so happy to find them. I hope you can find them at your Dollar Tree.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  5. These are adorable, Lisa! I kind of have a thing for green bugs, so you got me when you put a tree on one!Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lora,
      I'm so glad you like these!
      I hope you have a wonderful week- Merry Christmas
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  6. So fun, Lisa! I have an aqua VW ornament that I've decorated the same way. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a cute idea! Thanks for sharing at the To Grandma's House We Go DIY, Crafts, Recipes and more Link Party last week. I pinned this! Hope to see you again this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheri
      Thank you so much for your sweet comments!
      I love your parties!!!! Have a wonderful week, xo Lisa S

      Delete
  8. This is brilliant! I love them, they are just the cutest. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny-I'm so glad you like these.
      Thank you so much for hosting. xo Lisa S

      Delete
  9. This is such a sweet idea, just the right amount of snow and sparkle too.

    ReplyDelete

A Bright Easter to you

Greetings my friend ! I wanted to share with you one of my new  Ellen H. Clapsaddle postcards. I love the sweet faced children in her painti...