Saturday, May 1, 2021

Sharing a Sewing Themed Altered Book

Hi Friends,

I just finished this Sewing Journal and thought you might enjoy

a flip-through.

You may be inspired to create one for yourself or one for a Mom you love.


This book was just the right size for me

to alter at 5 1/2'' by 8 1/2''.

I removed pages at a ratio of 10 to 3-

[ meaning tear out 10 leave 3 remove 10 and so on ]

When completed I had 13 pages to decorate.



I added some charms a bobbin and a button to the spine.




The cover is printed paper  attached to the cover

with matte Mod Podge.



 Here is the post where I share how to

                                 Make your own Scrap Book Paper from Vintage Linens




Front cover with pocket and flap-








Three of the book pages 

were folded down and layered to create  pockets.


Folds along the edge makes a tuck spot.












I added some vintage snaps and tags.

To make the heart strip-

I used a heart punch to cut a heart from a book page then layer on top of rose heart

sew by machine down center then glue to book and then glue buttons  ; )



Linen flap opens to

Journaling paper that has been sewn into book.



I loved the embroidered flowers.

The sun can move up or down into the pocket :)




This page was from an old children's book,

the poem is hiding under the  flap.



The needle book is complete.




I added some buttons and tags.



More pockets-


Plenty of places to store ideas.









I used a copy of a button card to make a

small booklet by sewing pages together

on the sewing machine.







Here's some ephemera for you to use in
 
your own

Sewing Journal.



This label can be used as a pocket or tag.



 



Here is my needle book cover.

You can print on cardstock and make a 

folded journal card.





Here's a  sweet picture of a little girl sewing

doll clothes .





Aren't these cute kittens?




Most of the paper I used in this book came from this paper pack

by Park Lane- Family Heirlooms.

This pack is single sided-


It was from Joann's Fabrics.


Sorry that was so long!

I hope you enjoyed the flip through-

Have a blessed week, my friend.

xo Lisa S


Update: Sold

16 comments:

  1. This is so lovely. I think these would be really fun to make but I can never figure out what to do with them afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny,
      I enjoying making them more than using them. That's probably why I just sell them. I don't understand journaling...I barely write anything down.
      My Mom will use it for project ideas, prayer praises and encouraging thoughts. She is a writer-she will even get up during the night if an idea comes to mind.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  2. Love love love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came over from the Party In Your PJ's party to admire your Needlework. Beautiful.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely,you're so talented!
    Blessings,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was beautifully done - you obviously have a good eye for proportion and detail. I love how you've mixed and matched and also the little free pictures at the end for others to use if they want to make their own. You make me want to be more creative and artistic! #BloggersPitstop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leanne,
      Thank you so much for kind comment!
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  6. The journey of making beautiful crafts like your book is really what it's all about. The cover made me remember all the embroidery I did as a child. Such a fun craft to take up again!
    Thank you for posting it at the FWF link party :)
    RR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I don't embroider much anymore. I do appreciate the work involved. I love to collect embroidered tea towels. This one I used was worn out with holes all over and I could not bring myself to toss it.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  7. Lisa, I am constantly amazed at the beautiful projects you create with sewing and mixed media!! So happy to feature your post at this past Wednesday's Share Your Style #303 for you. <3 So many pretty images to share via Pinterest (what I always try to do.)...

    Hope you are having a lovely weekend,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb,
      What a sweet thing to say!
      I am thrilled to be featured. I appreciate you so much. I know it must be a ton of work to host each week. I don't know how you get it all done. xo Lisa S

      Delete
  8. Beautiful book Lisa - CONGRATS for being one of our Featured Guests at this week’s Inspire Me Monday party (#487) at Create With Joy!

    ReplyDelete

Faux Tin Tile Bunny

Hello My Friends!  Most of the Craft and Dollar Stores have some chunky cut outs for Spring! There are so many ways to decorate these. I use...