Thursday, August 13, 2026

Trash to Treasure- Monocraft Wood Cabinet

 Hi there!

The other day my Mom asked if I wanted this very old cabinet-

It's stackable-The top drawer is a separate piece.

YES!

I'll take it !



The drawers have dovetail corners.



It needed some work-

and a little wood glue.






One of the drawers still had

some dividers.




Some drawers had the dividers removed.



We used a sharp, flat scrapper to remove the

glue and wood pieces left-

It soon became a Mr. FreshVintage project!
 




We wiped it down and cleaned out the drawers.

I had this 'Old English'

Scratch Cover on hand.

It does an amazing job when you don't want to

refinish the piece of furniture

The color blends so well and the scratches disappear.


The cabinet was made with inexpensive wood.

It needed to have a bit more

 stain coverage in some areas.


I had some old stain-

I just used a soft cloth on the edges

 and in the dovetail sides.



It's nice and clean now.



I left the old labels just because I like it that way....

I can't help it.



The cabinet is a dark Mahogany color.





I immediately moved in-



The small sections are just the 

right size for all sorts of things.


Thank you for visiting!

I really appreciate you so much.

xo Lisa S


2 comments:

  1. This is a great piece especially if you love vintage. What a treasure. Thank you for sharing at Funtastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Trash to Treasure- Monocraft Wood Cabinet

 Hi there! The other day my Mom asked if I wanted this very old cabinet- It's stackable-The top drawer is a separate piece. YES! I'l...