Sunday, September 27, 2026

Mexican Pizza

Hello my friend ! 

I'd love to share with you a family favorite-

Yes, it's a copy cat recipe from Taco Bell....

but so much better and

so easy and great for a busy weeknight dinner.

Here's the ingredient list then we can walk it through-


You'll need:

1 lb lean Ground Beef

1 Pkg. Flour Tortillas

(We love Trader Joes Habenaro Tortillas )

1 Can Refried Beans

1 jar or can Red Enchiladas sauce

1 Packet Taco seasoning

or

Make your own Taco Seasoning-

2 tsp. Chili Powder

1 1/2 tsp. Paprika

1 tsp. Onion Powder

1/2 tsp. Salt

1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder

1/2 tsp. Cumin

1/2 tsp. Oregano

1/4 tsp. Black Pepper

Mix together dry ingredients.


Save in a jar and use as needed.


You will use this seasoning when you brown the ground beef.

I also add a chopped onion if I have one on hand.

Season to your family's taste

I add a Tbsp or so and also add alittle water.

Brown the meat, season and set aside.



To assemble your pizza:

Start with

2 flour tortillas per pizza


We love these Trader Joe's Habenero Tortillas!



I lightly sprayed both tortillas with avocado oil spray, 

cook in a skillet on the stove top so

they would be crisp.


On a cookie sheet, place one crisp tortilla.




Spread a layer of Refried Beans, then top with

a layer of cooked and seasoned meat.

Top with another crispy tortilla.

Cover the top tortilla with enchilada sauce.

Add toppings over sauce.

Toppings can include

grated cheese, chopped green onions, diced tomatoes,

and even sliced black olives.

It's fun to let everyone add there own toppings.


Bake at 350' about 10 min.

 or until cheese has melted.


Your pizza will be crispy and delicious.

 


                                           Cut into wedge slices like a small pizza and serve hot.

So yummy!!!

Have a wonderful week.
xo Lisa S


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mexican Pizza

Hello my friend !  I'd love to share with you a family favorite- Yes, it's a copy cat recipe from Taco Bell.... but so much better a...