Saturday, August 1, 2020

Travelers Notebook Junk Journal



Hi Friends!

This week I was working on a small Junk Journal sometimes 

called a Travelers Notebook.

I saw a similar kit and realized I had many of the same pieces.



To start-


I cut a wood ruler to make a binding for my journal.

They will be attached with 2 ,  1 1/4 '' bolts, 2 washers and 2 winged nuts.



I brought out some things to decorate my pages.

I love Tim Holtz embellishments, travel themed trinkets,

bits of vintage ephemera, tiny paperclips, washi tape and stickers.


My card stock was 5  3/4'' by  3  1/4 ''



I cut my pages and punched the holes.



I threaded  the bolts through the back side of ruler piece.


Then added the pages starting from the back to the front.



I added index cards for travel notes and typed messages.


I found this cruise ship postcard with postmark from the 70's.


When you have all the pages added,

put the other piece of ruler on top.


Add washer and winged nut and tighten.


I scored the pages so they would fold easily.

I liked the way it looked standing on it's side.




I made pockets and fold outs with washi tape.



It would be easy to add more pages later if you like.




Are you making any plans ? Maybe a camping trip?

We plan to take a trip to the beach soon-



Happy Travels!

xo Lisa S


38 comments:

  1. A great idea, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Rebecca,
      Thank you :)
      I'm so glad to have you visit.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  3. Wow, this got my little steampunk heart beating. This is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita,
      Thank you! That was the look I was going for.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  4. I love this, would make a great To-Do list notebook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey great Idea! I have scraps of ruler left.
      Thank you.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  5. LOVE how you used the ruler for the journal! Thanks so much for sharing! It’s wonderful to see you try new things and play with techniques. So glad that you join the fun with my “Show & Share”! WONDERFUL! Very happy to see your lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Virginia!
      It's so nice to meet you- So glad you came over to visit.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  6. This would make such a cute gift, and I love your repurposed rulers! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, Lisa! Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ's, you are being featured on my blog Tuesday evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      Thank you so much! You are so kind and I appreciate you so much.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  8. That's gorgeous, what a beautiful journal

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so creative! Are you going to make bigger ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becky,
      Thank you so much. I think I will make a bigger one!
      It's nice to meet you. Thanks for visiting and saying hello.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  10. This is so cute!! Love your creativity!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna!
      What a sweet comment.
      So glad to have you visit.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  11. Wow! I never would have thought to make something so memorable and such a great keepsake!
    Thanks for sharing with us on the Homestead Blog Hop. Hope to see more this Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this!! I've made a little journal that was similar, but not nearly as creative and beautiful. The ruler for the binding is a wonderful touch. I'll be featuring it tomorrow at the TFT link party. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam
      Thank you so much! I am thrilled by the feature.
      You are so wonderful and I appreciate you so much.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  13. I love this so much Lisa! I love working with scrapbooks and mixed media so this was right up my alley. Thank you so much for sharing this at Farmhouse Friday - we're featuring you at this week's party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle,
      Oh you are so sweet!
      Thank you my friend
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  14. Great craft, and one-of-a-kind each time one is made!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so beautiful, i'd hang it on my wall as art!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My goodness.... this is adorable! Just love how you bound it!! The perfect junk addition.

    ReplyDelete
  17. CONGRATS! Your post is FEATURED at #AThemedLinkup 25 for Recipes in a Jar (open until August 27) from my previous linkup for Travel and Vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee,
      Thank you so much! I appreciate you so much! It just happened to match up with the theme.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  18. Lisa, what a unique and clever idea. Love your travel notebook.
    Thank you for linking up at Meraki Link party. We hope you'll join next week too.
    Naush

    ReplyDelete

Faux Tin Tile Bunny

Hello My Friends!  Most of the Craft and Dollar Stores have some chunky cut outs for Spring! There are so many ways to decorate these. I use...