I'm so glad you are here.
It's that time to collect the Lavender from my garden.
It's also time to start making some crafts for the Christmas Boutique Season.
These embroidered lavender sachets are always a popular item.
I will share my shortcut with you...
I use the organza bags from the DOLLAR TREE.
They come in a few colors, I love the pale yellow/cream color.
The bags come 8 to a pack for one dollar.
3'' x 4''
I used embroidery floss in the color number 29 and 522
Cut a length of floss about 18'' and divide the 6 strands of floss in half.
Use the 3 strands and a needle to begin.
I found it was easier to embroider when the bag was filled.
I used a running stitch stems and Daisy loop flowers.
To get started just free hand the stems, then add leaves-
Then stitch the flowers........ fill with Lavender buds and done!
Ways to use your sachets :
- Use the sachet to scent your drawers and keep insects away.
- A lavender sachet will work as a natural air freshener.
- Keep a sachet near your bed, the fragrance helps you relax.
- Give lavender sachets as gifts.
- Toss into the clothes dryer.
- Put a sachet in your car, the heat will release the scent.
- Tuck one inside your purse or suitcase.
When the sachet starts to lose the scent,
just give the bag a little squeeze and it will become fragrant again.
The bags can be refilled when needed.
I have more to go......
When these are finished they will be set aside for
the Christmas Boutique.
Do you start your Christmas crafting in the summer?
I would love to hear from you !
xo Lisa S