Wednesday, November 28, 2018

How to Display Tree Toppers

 
                              Some people like to hand their Christmas tree toppers down from

                         generation to generation, others prefer to change their topper every year.

                               Some households like to pick a theme for their tree and then find

                  a tree topper that matches that theme. The most popular toppers are Angels or Stars.

                                             Tree toppers are even used as decorations

                                            over the fireplace or on a dining room table.


 
This post is really just a quick share with you on how I like to display some
 
of my Tree Topper collection. I know...... I have too many and the rule is only one per tree !
 
 
So it's get more trees or figure out another way to use them.
 
 
 
 
Bud vases are inexpensive and easy to find. The varying heights give visual interest.
 
 
 
 
 They stand up nicely in bud vases !
 
 
 You can almost always find Milk Glass or clear glass
 
 Bud Vases when you go Thrifting!
 
 
 
Candle sticks can also be used but I find the vases to be more stable.
 
 
 
 
An Antique candle mold
 
 
 
  What is your family Tree Topper tradition ? Share your story with me.
 
 
 
I guess our family changes our Topper to match our theme. This year I used only my
 
Putz House collection and a newer house for the Topper.
 
 
 

Thanks for letting me share my decorating idea with you.
 
xo Lisa S


 


20 comments:

  1. I have always found these tree toppers very whimsical. As a child we had an angel on top of the tree, the same angel every year she was a tradition and her name was goldie. It was after I was married that I saw these beauties and have collected a few of my own
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie,
      It is so sweet that your angel was named Goldie!
      I wish I knew what happened to my childhood angel. Thanks for visiting and sharing your story. xo Lisa S

      Delete
  2. We have a star - I've never seen tree toppers like this (maybe Australia is a bit behind the times?) I absolutely love how you displayed them in the little vases - it inspires me to think of different ways to use what's left over from the tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leanne,
      I'm so glad you are visiting from Australia! It's so nice to meet you-I love your comment thanks for sharing.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  3. A nice collection. I have 3 vintage toppers. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fun to look for and 3 makes a wonderful grouping. So glad you were here ! xo Lisa S

      Delete
  4. Fun ideas--I rarely see vintage toppers, but that doesn't keep me from looking! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I broke my favorite as I was unpacking the ornaments this year. Then yesterday I found one while I was Thrifting and I had to get it :)
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  5. That is a great idea for displaying the tree toppers. Thanks for sharing at Cooking and Crafting with J&J

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful ideas, Lisa. It's such a shame when vintage ornaments don't get used and displayed. Your collection of tree toppers is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing, and for being a part of the Hearth and Soul Link Party. Hope to see you again this week. Hope you have had a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. April
      You are welcome. I enjoyed sharing.
      Have a wonderful week! xo Lisa S

      Delete
  7. Great Idea! I think I have 3, so I'll search for them...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I display mine on my mantel with lite greenery in the front. Some sit by them selves and others are on handmade stands of a disk with a dowel rod glued to the disk. The topper slides over the dowel rod. I would add a picture if I knew how.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda
      What a great idea. Your display sounds beautiful!
      Thanks for visiting, xo Lisa S

      Delete
  9. Love these! Do you use glue or candle stuckum or just set them on the vases. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The topper has a long base that fits inside the vase and they don't tilt or fall over.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete

Faux Tin Tile Bunny

Hello My Friends!  Most of the Craft and Dollar Stores have some chunky cut outs for Spring! There are so many ways to decorate these. I use...