Monday, November 5, 2018

Make your own Thanksgiving Cards

 
 
I shared this Vintage Postcard with you....and maybe you are thinking,
 
''What am I supposed to do with that?"
 
Well this is the card I came up with and here are the steps I used -

 
 
I used this printable, save to your computer and decide how many you will need to make.
 
 


 
I just loved the vibrant colors in this Post card.
 
I wanted to make 4 cards.
 
 

Carefully cut apart.
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I used a glue stick to attach post card to a thin scrap of cardboard.
 
You probably have a stash of cardboard...am I right?
 
 
 
I cut along the edge.
 
 
 
I wanted to darken and distress the edges. Ink works well but if you don't have any
 
a felt tip watercolor pen will be fine too.

 
 
Then used Tacky glue to attach postcard to another layer of corrugated cardboard....
 
more scraps right?




 
I had ribbon that I added with glue and a couple of buttons.
 
 
 
 
 
I added a bit of glitter to the foliage. I keep a bit of everything...it just happened that I had extra
 
envelopes with gold lining saved for some reason. The envelopes were 5 1/2'' x 7 1/2''.
 
 
I have more cards here that you can choose from.
 
If you used a standard size, the cards are light weight and should mail fine.
 
It is probably best to double check with the Post Office for weight to be safe.
 
You can write a note on the back side or just sign your name.
 
I think it will be greatly appreciated by your loved ones and friends.
 
Happy Thanksgiving!
xo Lisa S
 





6 comments:

  1. I love how this turned out! Creative and cute! Thank you for sharing at
    Celebrate It!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, Lisa! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous way to use vintage postcards! Your Thanksgiving cards are beautiful, Lisa and I love the printables. Thank you so much for sharing with the Hearth and Soul Link Party. I’m featuring this post at the party this week. Hope to ‘see’ you there! Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. April,
      Thank you so much.
      I appreciate you so much.
      I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving!
      xo Lisa S

      Delete

A Bright Easter to you

Greetings my friend ! I wanted to share with you one of my new  Ellen H. Clapsaddle postcards. I love the sweet faced children in her painti...