Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Paper Bag / Book Page Stars and Snowflakes

Hello my friend-

How have you been?

When it comes to decorating for Christmas,

I usually tear into all my boxes and make a huge mess all over

the entire house!

This year I'm trying my best to go 

nice and slow, cleaning as I go...


The tree is done so I moved to the mantle-

I wanted something different this year.


I have been seeing Paper Bag stars all over.


My friend Carol 

at The Answer is Chocolate shared last week -

Carol has easy to follow instructions.

Then

 BETTER HOMES AND GARDEN December issue came!

I had to give it a try!








Extremely budget friendly-

 I found Lunch bags at the Dollar Tree

30 bags for $1.25




I went with a basic design.


I cut 8 bags per star.



As long as the bags are laying the same direction

You can glue either side.

I used hot glue, run a line of glue down the center.

Then across the base.

Wow! 

When the stars are open they are beautiful!





I wanted to try and make some stars

with book pages.

Pages were folded into thirds.

Glued down center and base.




I used scissors to cut an easy shape with triangle cuts

on the side folds.





I cut and cut-


I cut and cut and cut....I did not think I had a full

star until I made 25 pages!!!!





I used a paperclip to hold them open.

I love the look but It took so long to make!








I think I will stick with the lunch sacks!

They were so easy.











I used fishing line to hang the stars.




I put them up last night and them made a couple more

this morning.





I think I'm done-






I think I will be adding more as the days go by-









After the holidays, remove the paperclips

 and the stars will fold to close.

They can be used again.




Do you think I need more?





I'm so  glad we could be together today!

xo Lisa S

17 comments:

  1. Awesome, such great ideas to try out. I visited you via Happy December on WWBH
    I linked up this week with = 68+69. I hope you will join us M-S SeniorSalonPitStop and W-S #WordlessWednesday. You will find both under BLOGGING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made some of these recently too and LOVE how yours turned out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you see I mentioned you in my post? I also added a link to you as my inspiration ;)
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
    2. I was so mesmerized by yours I missed it initially. Thank YOU! And I've now added your book page stars to my To Make list! Thank you, Lisa.

      Delete
  3. These are SO neat!! Wow! Visiting from Grammy's Grid Unlimited linkup. (I'd love to see you share this on my linkup as well, if you're interested: https://lifetalesbooks.blogspot.com/p/calling-fellow-bloggers.html It opens Monday.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer,
      Thank you so much. I added your party link to my blog hop page.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  4. Your paper bag stars are just beautiful, thanks for sharing them at Handmade Monday :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much ! It really brightens up the room.
      I appreciate the visit <3
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  5. These are amazing, Lisa!! So easy and inexpensive but look like a million bucks. These can also be used will into Winter as decor, too! Thanks so much for sharing at Home Imagined this week! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I may leave them up after Christmas. The light shines through the cut outs and looks so pretty.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  6. Amazing and all so pretty. One can never have enough decorations, so why not make more?
    Thanks for visiting and sharing your links with us at SSPS #291. See you again on Monday, January 8th, 2024.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do like to decorate and don't know when to stop.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  7. Oh how sweet! What a treat. I did not expect that at all. Hugs!
    XO Lisa S

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these stars and snowflakes! Thanks for sharing with us at SSPS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy you shared this at Tuesday Turn About! I'm delighted to be featuring your post at the last party of 2023!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa - I love the generous size and varied shapes of these stars. The star you made out of book pages is also spectacular. Thank you for sharing this with the Home Imagined Link party.

    ReplyDelete

Make a Bird on a Perch

  Hello Friend! I found these birds at the local Garden Center. They had texture like hand carved wood. I think they may be made of resin or...