Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Wood Spindle Carrots

Hi Friend,

These wood spindles were from a couple of broken chairs 

left out for the trash.

We took them home and used a rubber mallet

to take the chairs apart.

It was easy and a little bit fun!



I have seen so many people

 making these carrots- I had to give it a try.


I had three spindles




that were pretty long, so I cut

them in half.


Now I have 6 pieces.



I left one end flat and used sandpaper to round the other end.

I drilled a hole in the wide end.

I wanted to add some greenery.



I was able to divide this piece into 6 sections.

I will trim the stems short to resemble real carrots.



but first I need to paint-

I used a little brown mixed with Harvest Orange


They needed a couple coats of paint



   After they dried I glued on the greenery

and trimmed the tops of the carrots.



and done!








I had some Raffia in my gift wrapping stash.


I tied 3 together to make a little bundle.

 











I moved the scale back were it belongs then

I tucked them inside a tool box

with some German Paper Mache Eggs.





I may leave them on the table for now,










Thanks for visiting today!


HAPPY SPRING!

xo Lisa S





These spindles were made into flags!




20 comments:

  1. WOW this is truly awesome and creative
    I visited you via The Fifth Sparrow No More: Whimsy Home Wednesday Blog Link Party No. 73
    My links: 24+25. We will be delighted if you share your blog post links with us at SSPS. Link under BLOGGING

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Elsa,
      Thank you for your sweet comment!
      I 'm so glad you liked the carrots-
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  3. I've never seen this done before! I love it. They look so cute. Thanks for the great idea and for sharing with us on the Homestead Blog Hop :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly,
      I'm glad you liked the carrots. I love to think of ways to reuse what I already have on hand. Thank you for hosting. I am so glad I can join you!
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  4. Oo!! Those adorable carrots and flags!! What a clever idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun upcycle! Thanks for sharing it at Handmade Monday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE these spindle carrots so much, Lisa!
    Don't forget to join us over at the Creatively Crafty Linky Party every Wednesday through Sunday
    https://creativelybeth.com/creative-crafts-linky-party/
    Followed and Pinned!
    Creatively, Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth,
      I'm so glad you came to visit! Thank you so much!
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  7. Such a clever idea! We love how it turned out and we are happy to feature your post tomorrow at The Crazy Little Lovebirds link party #30. Thank you for sharing your post with us. :) Happy Spring!

    Steph@Crazylittlelovebirds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steph,
      Thank you so much! I really appreciate the feature!
      I am so happy to join you- thank you for hosting.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  8. I just LOVE your spindle carrots! And the muted colour you chose is decadent! Such a neat way to decorate for spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna,
      What a sweet comment! I appreciate you SO MUCH!
      XO Lisa S

      Delete
  9. Such a great way to repurpose spindles for spring decor, Lisa! Thank you for sharing on Tuesday Turn About! I'm featuring your post this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie,
      You are so sweet! Thank you for the feature!!!!!
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  10. Just love the vintage vibe of your spindle carrots, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete

Make a Bird on a Perch

  Hello Friend! I found these birds at the local Garden Center. They had texture like hand carved wood. I think they may be made of resin or...