Thursday, August 23, 2018

Book Page Leaf Wreath and Garland

 Here is another easy and budget friendly décor item for FALL or year round.
 
 
 
I am sure everyone has seen these before but year after year I get
 
requests for these wreaths. I always sell out no matter how many I make !
 
I thought I would share them with you.
 
Note: I never use vintage books unless they are damaged beyond repair.
 
 
 
For a garland, you will need a roll of jute or other connecting string.
 
Decide the length and measure out a piece long enough
 
that you can add loops at the ends.
 
Start cutting out your leaves from your book pages.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
You may use my pattern or save to your computer and change the size to what you prefer.
 
 
 
 
 
Glue your leaves back to back on your jute with Tacky glue.
 
Overlap as you go.
 



 
 For the wreath,
 


I use thrifted embroidery hoops and when you take them apart you have two!

I have a local Thrift Store that sells them for a quarter!

(I have even used broken Tomato cages )
 
I like to use 8''-12'' hoops.
 
Glue leaves continuing in the same direction. Starting with the inside edge,
 
then the outside edge. Then fill front or the top of the wreath.
 
These wreaths are so light weight that they can be hung by a push pin or lean above
 
a picture frame or mirror.



 
 
 

 
 
 
You can use a mix of different leaves or maybe just your favorite.
 
 
 
I like a variety of leaves.
 
 
I love the different textures, colors and thickness of the papers.
 
 I give them a bit of a fold for dimension and a natural look.
 
 
 
 
Here are some different leaf choices.
 
 
 
 
This wreath was made from a Dictionary.



 
 
 
 
 
 
A short garland on a book case.
 
 
I rolled up some brown paper and hot glued leaves to the ends.
 
 
I just love to use these around the home.
 
I hope you enjoy making a wreath or garland .
 
As a bonus any extra leaves can be used as table scatter.
 
Thanks again for stopping by!
 
xo Lisa S
 
 
 

 


38 comments:

  1. I loved your budget friendly ideas! I have an old book with a binding damaged "past praying for" that I think will make a great wreathe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy
      Thank you so much! That book sounds perfect. Cutting the pages into leaves is so fun. You will probably have plenty for two wreaths...cuz your friends are going to want one! xo Lisa S

      Delete
  2. This is a great idea!! Thanks so much for sharing!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie
      You are so sweet! Thank you so much, xo Lisa S

      Delete
  3. Hi Lisa - what a great idea for making wreaths/garlands. Pinned.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy,
      I'm so glad you like the wreath and garland. I am slowly
      getting out the Fall décor. Thanks for the pin! xo Lisa S

      Delete
  4. These are so cute!! New follower here from the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaz.
      WOW, It's so nice to meet you. Thank you for following!
      Thanks for visiting and saying HELLO!
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  5. I love how unique and clever this wreath and garland are! I am now on the lookout for an old book! Thank you for sharing at Celebrate It!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teri,
      That is so sweet of you to say. I really appreciate your
      kind words! Thank you, xo Lisa S

      Delete
  6. What a nice festive touch for fall! Thanks for sharing with us at The Blogger's Pit Stop! Roseann from This Autoimmune Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roseann,
      Thank you for hosting and stopping by to visit!
      I hope you have a wonderful week, xo Lisa S

      Delete
  7. These are so nice and can be up long after fall is gone since they are so neutral. Thanks for sharing at the Snickerdoodle Create Bake Make Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra,
      Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate you so much.
      I love your parties, thanks for hosting. xo Lisa S

      Delete
  8. Lovely, Lisa! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love your parties and thank you for hosting. xo Lisa S

      Delete
  9. This is so effective, I am going to attempt to make one #inspirememonday@_karendennis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen,
      I know it will turn out great!
      Thank you for hosting and stopping by to visit.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  10. Nice wreath. Pinned to my WREATHS board also. Best wishes from Thursday Favorite Things Party co hostess Linda @Crafts a la mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda
      Thank you for the PIN!
      HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK.
      Thank you for hosting. xo Lisa S

      Delete
  11. The first time I saw art made with pages of a book I thought it was the worst idea ever! Now I think that it's a great way to recycle books that are done with their book lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Peterson Family,
      Thanks for visiting. We use to call these wreaths-
      Librarians Nightmare :)
      But as a last resort I approve too.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  12. I love things made from book pages. It's easy to see why these always sell out! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jann,
      We have a lot in common :)
      I love your blog and thank you for lovely parties!
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  13. One of my favorite crafts materials is paper so it should come as no surprise that I love all the ideas in this post. Pinning for future reference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary,
      I have to agree with you. Thank you so much for visiting and for hosting...and pinning ! I appreciate it.
      XO Lisa S

      Delete
  14. Looks great and what a great idea! Thanks for sharing with us at the To Grandma's we go link party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tarahlynn,
      I was hanging out at your blog yesterday so much helpful info for new bloggers. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge. I really appreciate you and love your parties! xo Lisa S

      Delete
  15. These wreaths are so pretty and perfect for Fall! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Whimsical Wednesdays Link Party. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind!
      Thank you so much for hosting.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  16. I love book crafts, this is beautiful. Thank so much for sharing this at Handmade Monday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie for a wonderful party!
      I hope you have a great week.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  17. I like the branches best, I think! Music pages or book pages-- they are both great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liberty,
      I'm glad you like my branch. I thought it might be too silly. I'm so glad you stopped by to say hello!
      I appreciate your sweet comment. xo Lisa S

      Delete
  18. Wonderful project. Looks so pretty, but easy and budget friendly. Going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kippi
      Thank you so much. It is an easy project with a lot of visual impact. I'm glad you are going to try it! xo Lisa S

      Delete
  19. This wonderful post is a CREATIVE feature on the October You're the STAR blog hop: https://www.godsgrowinggarden.com/2018/10/youre-star-week2-creative-october-2018.html
    Thanks
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that
    I have really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.
    After all I will be subscribing to your rss
    feed and I hope you write again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Faux Tin Tile Bunny

Hello My Friends!  Most of the Craft and Dollar Stores have some chunky cut outs for Spring! There are so many ways to decorate these. I use...