Sunday, August 12, 2018

Valet from Thrifted Serving Set

 
 
Gentlemen's Valet, also called Clothes Valet, valet stand and suit stand,
 
 is an item of furniture on which clothes, particularly men's suits, may be hung.
 
 Also know as the bedroom treadmill.  Typical features
 
of valets include trouser hangers, jacket hangers, shoe bars, and a tray organizer for 
 
miscellaneous, day-to-day objects like wallets and keys. Some also feature jewelry boxes.
 
 
 
 
In the United States, the term is frequently used to refer to a non-freestanding cabinet or tray for
 
holding small personal items such as watches, cuff links, keys, or a cell phone.
 
In this sense, it is a place to ''dump your pockets''. 
 
 
 
Generally Men are hard to buy gifts for, but I think a tray is a practical way
 
 to keep organized.

  
 
 
I found these wood serving trays at the Thrift Shop.
 


 
The small one was .69
 
 
 
 
The large tray was .99
 
 
 
I decided to paint both dishes with white chalk paint.
 
 
Distressed with sandpaper, and wipe with a soft cloth.
 
 
I thought I would use this stencil
 
from istencil.com
 
Cathe Holden's Inspired Barn Stencils
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The large monogram from the 12 x 12 stencil.
 
Tape in place and stencil with a dry brush using black acrylic paint.
 
 
 
 
 

 I used the 6 x 6 stencil on the small dish.

 
Tape in place.

The smaller stencil fit nicely in the tray.
 
 
Up and down motion and a dry brush. 


 Remove tape and gently wash stencil with soap and water.
 
 
 

Used clear wax on all sides to protect stencil and seal .
 
 

 
 
A place for keys or change on your side table.
 
 
 For the Bedroom or Bathroom.
 
 
 
 
I painted a wood Trouser Hanger to make a gift set!
 
 
 
 
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post.
 
I hope you have a wonderful day!
 
xo Lisa S
 
 
 
 
 
 


12 comments:

  1. Looks great! I always love the stencils you choose! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cecilia,
      You always give the sweetest comments.
      I appreciate you so much. Thanks for hosting!
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  2. I love this! And have some wooden dishes I can totally do this to. Thanks for sharing at To Grandma's House We Go DIY, Crafts, Recipes and More Wednesday Link Party! Pinned it to Pinterest! Hope to have you join the party next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheri,
      Thank you ! I put them in the guest bathroom for now.
      Have a great week. xo Lisa S

      Delete
  3. I love stenciling. Really a fun project! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jann
      I appreciate you stopping by. Thank you for hosting.
      Your parties are great! xo Lisa S

      Delete
  4. Very cool projects here. I love them. Pinned to my Pinterest Boards also. Best wishes for a great week ahead. Linda @Crafts a la mode
    https://www.craftsalamode.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda
      Thank you for hosting! I appreciate the pins too.
      So glad you came to visit. xo Lisa S

      Delete
  5. You really turned those items into gems! That valet would be so perfect for my husband, as he always empties his pockets onto the counter when he gets home. :-o Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Whimsical Wednesdays Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. My husband needed it...but he still asks where are my glasses. I appreciate you so much.
      Have a great week and I will see you at the next party.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  6. We get these kind of dishes all the time in Charity shops here in the UK, this is a lovely way to give them a new life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie,
      Thank you so much. It's helping to keep things in one spot:) xo Lisa S

      Delete

Faux Tin Tile Bunny

Hello My Friends!  Most of the Craft and Dollar Stores have some chunky cut outs for Spring! There are so many ways to decorate these. I use...