A long time ago....I saved this book from the trash at a Thrift Shop.
The cover was completely torn off and the pages were damaged.
I found it in my stash and decided to see what I could do with it.
I loved the cover and the illustrations, they were good enough to use again.
I used my paper cutter to remove the torn spine.
I have some paper tape that I got at Dollar tree. It works great!
Glue and more tape fixed the interior.
I covered the spine with cloth I had on hand.
It matched the shawl of the girl in the window.
I used Mod Podge to add the cloth.
I covered the inside with some blue cardstock.
From the outer edge, over the tape and to the edge of spine.
Measuring from the center to the edge, I started to but together
folded stacked of 10 papers.
I plan to make 3 stacks called 'signatures' to sew into my book.
I used pages from the dictionary, sheet music, coffee stained paper,
illustrations from other books.
I folded the pages in half and cut to fit.
Sometimes I tear to size, I like the raw edges.
If you don't like the look you can cover with another piece of cloth
or add beads :)
Here's a quick look at the inside-
It was fun to give this pretty book a new life.
I was able to put together a nice amount of scrap paper.
It cost nothing but my time :)
Thanks for being here today-
xo Lisa S