Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Old Chair into Planter


Hello my friend !

How are you today?

On the way to church we saw this sad chair with a free sign.

I am like a magnet to free...

Mr. Fresh Vintage said ''NO WAY, It's gross!"




I talked him into it -

with the promise that I would start on it 

immediately when we got home....

and I did !




Once the nasty cover was gone...

no more stink !



I thought it would be easy to turn into a planter.

The seat was old and the raffia type material was so easy

to remove with a utility knife.

There was old newspapers

 shoved in there too for some reason.


I was hoping for Red-

I needed to run to the store for more.


Have you seen these new Rust-oleum spray cans ?

It has 5 positions for the nozzle.

We thought we would give it a try.


It worked great, we stayed with 'standard' spray



It was a new learning curve and will take some

getting used to in the future.

For this project it worked fine.


It covered well



I wanted the color to pop in the garden.

We don't have a lot of red flowers so

 I thought it would be a good contrast.





I purchased a 16'' coco liner at my local Joann's fabric.

They are on sale right now.



I found a scrap of chicken wire in our shed.

I thought it would give the coco basket some support.



I thought I could staple the wire to the chair and form

a dip in the center.




It worked fine!

 I moved  the chair to a bare spot in the garden

 and filled the basket with potting soil.



It got moved one more time and added a few

starter plants that I had on hand.

I started with Lamb's Ear and Feverfew- they are hardy.

I also added some Oregano.




The chair was doing a good job 

of holding up the Larkspur





Well I had to add a couple flags too!





The wire was a good base and it doesn't even show.

Even though the chair was planted I could still move it around easily.

I like that it covers a spot that I had just cleaned up-






I know it will eventually fall apart and look shabby

but that's okay-






Have a HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!!!

XO Lisa S



1 month later.....



22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Susan,
      Thank you so much! I'm so glad you stopped by, thank you for your sweet comment!
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  2. This is adorable! Great idea. Thanks for linking up to Thinking Out Loud Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penny,
      Thank you so much. I'm so glad I could join the party. I appreciate you hosting!
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  3. That's SUCH a cute idea!!! Wow...you can't pass up a free chair!! So lovely for this season. I would love it if you shared this at the Home Imagined link party. I know others would love this too!! https://www.theantiquedjourney.com/home-imagined-link-party-21/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I appreciate the invitation.
      So glad you stopped by today.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  4. So pretty and awesome, I visited you via the Linkup Party at Saturday Sparks Link Party 571
    My entries this week = 34+35 as I would love to invite you to come and share your posts and you will have an opportunity to get featured.
    We're open Monday through Saturday every week.
    You will find the linkup information (1) In the Top bar under Blogging: Weekly Senior Salon Pit Stop OR 2nd image In the sidebar
    We hope to meet you there virtually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out so cool! Love the bright red in the garden. Hope to see you over on Crafty Creators Link Party again!
    Niki | Life as a LEO Wife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikki, Thank you! I love the bright red too. it's a good contrasting color in my flower bed, Thank you for hosting I love to join you!
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  6. I love the way this turned out Lisa! We recently removed bushes from our flower beds, and I am wanting to fill them with unique items, this would fit the bill nicely! You are always so creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sweet comment!!! Thank you! Keep an eye open for a roadside chair, I know you'll find one. It has worked well to cover a bare spot-
      So nice to have you visit.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  7. Great Redo! The chicken wire seems like it will help this project be sturdy for years. Also, doesn't a fresh coat of paint revive a piece of old furniture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanne,
      Thank you so much. The chicken wire is key. I'm glad I saved those scraps. A wire basket could also be used if the other is unavailable. I love spray paint projects! Instant gratification every time. Thanks for visiting!
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  8. What a gorgeous way to enhance the garden and get patriotic while you're doing it! Lovely chair planter, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, Thank you! We have moved it around a couple times. Now it's on the porch again :) I am loving the bright red next to my purple sage.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  9. This is the cutest thing! What a great way to perk up a dull spot in the garden.

    Thanks so much for joining the Grace at Home party at Imparting Grace. I'm featuring you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I took am an old chair lover.
    To be truthful I'm a lover of
    All old things.
    I love what you did with that stinky old chair.
    I have a spot in my garden that cries out for one. Thanks for the great idea. Off to find my own old chair!!

    ReplyDelete

Make a Bird on a Perch

  Hello Friend! I found these birds at the local Garden Center. They had texture like hand carved wood. I think they may be made of resin or...