Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Mashed Cauliflower and Cheese Bake

 Hi my friends!

Do you like cauliflower?

Well if you don't, this recipe might change your mind-

and if you do like it-

you will love this recipe!






Mashed Cauliflower and Cheese Bake


Ingredients

1 Large Cauliflower head, rinse and core

1 4oz. package cream cheese, softened

( store the rest of the cream cheese in the freezer for next time!)

1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1/4 cup grated Cheddar cheese 

plus  1/4 cup more to top casserole

1/2 tsp. each Turmeric and Cayenne Pepper, Nutritional Yeast

salt and pepper to taste 


Directions

Rinse the Cauliflower head


Core and put into steamer or simmer in an inch

or so of water- cover with lid.






Steam cauliflower until easily pierced with fork.






Drain and mash with a fork or potato masher.

 I like mine a bit chunky-




Add Cream Cheese, Grated Parmesan cheese, 

and seasonings






Pour into small casserole dish.

Top with 1/4 cup grated Cheddar cheese.


Bake 350 degrees for 25-30 min. or until

the cheese on top is just right!


Serves  6 - 8 






Creamy and cheesy goodness.

We like the edges nice and crispy! yum!






We served our casserole with some roasted chicken 

and homegrown zucchini.




Let me know if try this recipe.

It has become a family favorite and I'm glad I could share it with you.

Thanks for stopping by!

xo Lisa S


3 comments:

  1. This looks SO yummy!! I've got to try this. Visiting from Crazy Little Lovebirds linkup. I'd love to see you share this post at my linkup also: https://lifetalesbooks.blogspot.com/p/calling-fellow-bloggers.html (same link each week).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, a gal after my own heart! I am gluten free and always searching for new recipes to try, I am saving this one for my recipe box to try. Can't wait to make it and share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cauliflower with cheese - this dish looks so easy and tasty! Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party! See you Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Make a Bird on a Perch

  Hello Friend! I found these birds at the local Garden Center. They had texture like hand carved wood. I think they may be made of resin or...