Monday, November 13, 2023

Very Little Golden Book Christmas Ornament Tags

 Hello my Friend!

Last week I mentioned that I had an idea....

and I hoped it would work.

This is how I made these -Very Little Golden Book

ornament tags. 

Made with scraps from my previous post.



I used the front cover -

 for this project

Upcycled Perpetual Calendar

Now I will be using the back cover.

Some of the newer books have these mini

pictures on the back.

I tore a thin layer of cardboard off the back so I could

cut these out easily with scissors.





Here they are-









So cute at just about 2'' high!




Just need a scrap of thin cardboard the same size as the cover.

This will be the mini books' back cover.




You will also need 

a scrap of card stock for inside the book.



Flip the cardstock-

Glue cover pieces to the back side of the cardstock.



Fold to close













I put together 4 folded pages of scrap paper

and  used a needle and thread to stitch

a signature for the book.





Start center inside to outside

a then back again-

tie a knot on the inside.





See the stitches on the spine?















Here is a mini in front of a full size

Junk Journal that I made.





I think I'm going to put it with this journal !




They would be darling little ornaments or gift tags!



All of these were made with scraps!

I have loved and collected

 Little Golden Books for years.

I only repurpose books that are beyond repair

 or purchased for a specific purpose.

I pick them up when I go thrifting...

it's hard for me to leave them behind.

Thanks for visiting today.

xo Lisa S



In the comments let me know your favorite

Little Golden Book.

We loved The Poky Little Puppy !









8 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, Lisa! These are ADORABLE!!! I've never seen anything like this done before. Such a unique and super creative way to put your own spin on holiday decorations. Thanks so much for sharing at Home Imagined this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how darling these are! I actually had a couple of mini books similar to this as Christmas ornaments when I was a kid, and this really takes me back! These are amazing. Pinning to Pinterest, for sure. :) Visiting from Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable and so freaking cute
    Thank you so much for visiting and sharing your links with us at SSPS #287.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa. These are so cute. I love minis. Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable! As a dollhouse lover, though, I would put little books in the dollhouse nursery, pose the governess reading to the children, have a kid lying on the floor reading, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Lisa, these are adorable. They are a feature over at this week's Handmade Monday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa,
    OMG, these are so adorable. You never cease to amaze. Congratulations, you are being featured on TFT. https://www.eclecticredbarn.com/2023/11/december-decorating-on-thursday.html
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are absolutely wonderful, Lisa! I just love teeny little books like this, and these are so special. I'll be featuring them at Thursday Favorite Things today. :)

    ReplyDelete

Make a Bird on a Perch

  Hello Friend! I found these birds at the local Garden Center. They had texture like hand carved wood. I think they may be made of resin or...