Sunday, November 5, 2023

Upcycled Perpetual Calendar Little Golden Book



HELLO THERE!

I hope you are doing well!

I appreciate you visiting today-

I wanted to share with you how I upcycled this calendar.






You will need one of these wooden

perpetual calendars.



Available this tine of year at the Dollar Tree!

This is the base of our project and a good value at $1.25




They stand up on their own.

A great gift idea !

It can be personalized and used year round-

I just happened to make mine for Christmas Countdown , 

you make it your own




It could be used as a December Advent 

Calendar or just leave

the date showing as Dec. 25.

You will need a cardboard cut-topper

for your calendar.

I used the cover of 

The Night Before Christmas- Little Golden Book.

These books are so nostalgic and 

bring back such happy memories.

This particular book was purchased for .50

to used for this project.



I removed the paper from the calendar.

It was easy to do- then covered the front

with a page from the book.




Inside of the box, I glued another picture,








I used scissors to cut the cover.



I only wanted the Santa figure.

I used a brown sharpie on the edges.





On the back side I added a scrap piece down toward the bottom

as a spacer to give Santa a 3D effect






Then I glued Santa in place.

I like Fabri-Tac but white glue

 or hot glue would be fine.





I also kept the back cover of the book ! 

The newer books have these

mini covers pictures that I cut out for another 

Christmas ornament project next week.

Come back to see!




Aren't they cute?








I decided I needed to add white glitter

to the cuffs and hat.









It's going to the Craft Show!




I know it's early for Christmas

 but I wanted to share what I have been

working on this week.

I just can't help it !!

Craft show in 2 weeks!

I hope you have a great week-
xo Lisa S

3 comments:

  1. I love Little Golden Books, they have really stood the test of time

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. Love it!
    Visiting today from Unlimited Linky 138 #14&15

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I can't wait for Dollar Tree to open now so I can get one of those perpetual calendars to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete

Make a Bird on a Perch

  Hello Friend! I found these birds at the local Garden Center. They had texture like hand carved wood. I think they may be made of resin or...