Monday, October 30, 2023

Sharing Some Repurposed Vintage Planters

Hello there!

It's fun to challenge yourself to use

 something in an unusual way.

I love to go thrifting and

 sometimes you can find things

that can be repurposed. 

I found this planter while thrifting-


I put a small piece of foam padding

in the base and now I can find

at least one pair of glasses!




A bowl of shiny- bright glass ornaments

would look nice.



I had some Christmas odds and ends

close by for now-

or

a place for the T.V. remotes





At Christmas time planters always look great

with some greenery .

My GRANDMA gave me this bear years ago.

For a long time it was filled with paint brushes

now a tree and some roses.




Here just a branch and a pinecone.






My Tin Christmas coasters fit nicely-




A great place to tuck some THANK YOU cards!



This pink car is always part of my

Spring decorating -






This baby buggy is decorated for 

'Baby's First Christmas'












I turned this planter in a Pin Cushion.






I had these small planters. 






I used some packing foam to fill the planters.






 I thought this couple would look great with a little tree

in their planter.


I unscrew the wood bases 


on the trees and the wire


 can be poked into the foam base.


I keep my beads


 in old apothecary jars with glass lids.







I used hot glue to attach

 some tinsel to the foam base

( In case I want to remove the decoration later )





I use this hole punch tool to hold the beads in place

so I don't get burned.



Push the beads deep into the tree.




These planters had a square base

 and when pushed together-




Now they make the sweetest little bookends !

They are staying at my house for now.




Have a great day!

Thanks for hanging out with me-

xo Lisa S




These tiny toothpick holders went to the 

Craft Show this past week.




15 comments:

  1. I like your ideas of repurposed old cup as the pin cushion :) the green glass is beautiful and would make great base to seasonal bouquet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It's so nice to have you here.
      Have a great week. Please come back and visit again.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  2. Super cute and great ideas for using them in a different way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tania,
      Thank you. I'm starting to look at planters in a whole new way.
      I'm seeing more and more of them when I'm out thrifting.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  3. I'm a vintage hunter/thrifted too and I LOVE what you have done with your planters - very creative - visiting from ESME SALON linkup and the blog www.awandafulthing.com ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling. I think I like the trees the best, a perfect combination. I have a vintage seashell that I love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I decided to keep a few...so I guess I collect planters now :) It's always nice to hear from you- I appreciate it.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  5. What great ideas! I love repurposing things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always looking for new repurposing ideas! Thank you so much for sharing with us on the Homestead Blog Hop! Hope to see more this Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly,
      I love the Homestead Blog Hop! I'm never sure my posts fit in, but I love to join the fun. Thank you-
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  7. I love your vintage items. The teacup pin cushion is inspired, so easy ! Also, the tea cup can be seasonally changed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanne,
      Thank you for the sweet comment. I appreciate you stopping by for a visit- Please visit again :)
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  8. I love vintage planters! And how you have repurposed them is adorable, Thanks for sharig!

    ReplyDelete

Make a Bird on a Perch

  Hello Friend! I found these birds at the local Garden Center. They had texture like hand carved wood. I think they may be made of resin or...