Saturday, October 7, 2023

Upcycled Cement Cube Desk Lamp

Hello my friend!

One of my neighbors is moving and asked if I

wanted this desk lamp.





You know me I always say yes-

I really didn't like it as is but

I thought it had potential.






The lamp had a nice clear cord with a switch.


I removed the lampshade.


I removed the harp piece...

it did not want to come off at first.




The light bulb has got to go!



I removed the sticker on the lamp stem

because it will show-



The sticker did not leave any residue.




To tighten all the components

I needed to remove the felt on the base.






Tightened everything up with an open end wrench.




The felt stretched and tore a bit when removed,

I saved the original felt to use as a pattern.

The stickers can be transferred to the new felt if needed.





There were a few nicks and scratches on the base.

A very easy fix with a little acrylic paint mixed with water.

The color I used was-Cobblestone.



I wanted to get a retro style Edison Bulb-



I needed a bulb with a smaller base

 so I brought the old one with me to the store.

I found this replacement bulb at our DIY Home Center.



It fit and I really liked the amber colored glass.


I re-attached the felt on the base.








Here is the finished lamp!





I had a hard time getting a good picture.







It puts off a nice warm glow, easy on the eyes.

I like the Retro Industrial vibe-

What do you think?

xo Lisa S


2 comments:

  1. This is brilliant. And it works so well with your vintage style now. I was wondering how you were going to work this very modern style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michele-
      It's a bit different but I'm liking it! So nice to hear from you.
      I hope you have a great week!

      xo Lisa S

      Delete

Make a Bird on a Perch

  Hello Friend! I found these birds at the local Garden Center. They had texture like hand carved wood. I think they may be made of resin or...