Sunday, August 4, 2024

Using HOT GLUE for 3D Effect on Journal

Hello dear friends! 

I'm starting to make some things for November Craft Show.

I had this blank journal for a long time- 

I wanted to alter the cover-

I thought about what I could add to the cover of

Branches with Almond Blossom

sorry, Van Gogh!


I had a magazine picture of a painting by

John William Waterhouse, 1899  Ophelia.

I used mod Podge to adhere the picture to the cover.


My plan was to make the branches look 3 dimensional using Hot Glue.

I went around the picture and added even  more branches.




The Hot Glue dried fast. I went over the branches 

with dark and light gray

acrylic paint.

The spine was bright blue-

I painted the spine with grey and brown paint.





I also added tiny gold dots on the dress with gold paint.






I used Matte Mod Podge to paint over entire cover,

front and back.





The journal had a ribbon bookmark.

I tied a broken vintage earring on the end of the ribbon.




I painted the back cover and sealed with Mod Podge.



I really like the effect.

Hot Glue works great on collage or art projects.

It was easily painted with basic acrylic craft paints. 

I hope you don't think I ruined this poor journal.

It sat here so long, I hope someone may enjoy it now.



I hope you are having a wonderful week!

I'm starting to make some things for November Craft Show.

Thanks for visiting.

xo Lisa S

10 comments:

  1. Never would have though about hot clue to use in this way
    Found your post on Team Creative Crafts Link Party. My entries this week are numbered #17+18
    Hope you will join/share M-Sat at https://esmesalon.com/tag/seniorsalonpitstop/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by- This was a fun Art project. I will come over to visit your links.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous. Always a work of art with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab cover and I love the book mark also. Thank you for linking with #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I made two more this week- it was a fun project. Have a great week!
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  4. What a cool technique. Thanks for sharing at Handmade Monday :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I enjoyed making the journal so much that I finished a couple more. Thanks for hosting and I'm so glad you stopped by.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  5. Lisa, such a wonderful pretty look. Thanks for sharing at Love Your Creativity. I am happy to feature your lovely Hot Glue 3D effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, Thank you so much! I 'm so happy to be part of the feature. Have a great week!
      xo Lisa S

      Delete

Holiday Boutique Best Seller Hostess Gift

Hello my friend!  Today I want to share with you some of the projects I started working on for the Holiday season. For me, my first craft sh...