Sunday, August 11, 2024

Using HOT GLUE to Altered Art Journal Covers / PART 2

Hi friends-

 My last post shared this journal below-



It was a store bought blank journal

that I enhanced and altered with a 

magazine print, paint, Mod Podge 

and Hot Glue for 3D effect.


I found 2 more blank

 Art Journals without lines 

and I just had to make more!

These are good for drawing and watercolor painting.



I glued a magazine picture to the cover.

Then went around the edge with Hot Glue.

No need for fancy molds!

After the glue hardened, I painted the border with

Gold paint.






I added glue to a few leaves and grass.





I added a piece of gold ribbon tucked and glued to the top spine.

I tied a glass bead to the end to make an attached book mark.









The other magazine print I used below surprised me-

with a closer look, the poor lady was drowning.

A few of Paul Steck paintings have women under water .

 I added more flowers, seaweed and a border

of seaweed with Hot Glue.

I repainted her flowers pink and

 painted the seaweed green and gold.




With a few light touches of white.



I used a pencil to re-draw her legs-

I changed her legs into a Mermaid fin-

can you see it ?

Then I repainted her dress purple as it originally was,

and

the paint also gives an extra element of dimension.






A much better outcome for her!

I glued a piece of netting along the side.

I had some scraps of  green and blue tulle,

 glued to the top and pulled through for a bookmark.





Came back over the cover with a light coat of Matte Mod Podge.





Here are all three journals.

Each one shows a different way 

to use the Hot Glue for  these covers.





Now the 'series' includes the Princess, the Maiden and the Mermaid.

I hope this gives you some inspiration!

Have a great week!

xo Lisa S








3 comments:

  1. Brilliant as always, Lisa. Hot glue is so versatile. Featuring when my party opens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, Thank you for your sweet comment! Thank you for hosting. I am so grateful to you for sharing my project.
      You are so kind! Have a great week.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  2. Wow, these are so impressive. Beautiful job. Thanks for sharing this post with us at the Will Blog for Comments #45 linkup. Hope you'll share more posts with us at #46 which starts Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Holiday Boutique Best Seller Hostess Gift

Hello my friend!  Today I want to share with you some of the projects I started working on for the Holiday season. For me, my first craft sh...