Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Twin Journals from Vintage Linen Towel

 Hello my friend!

I had this vintage hand towel with beautiful embroidery

but when it was hanging the design was covered up.

I decided to cut it in half and use it for something else-

I cut in half again to have a piece for front and back.

Then flipped one side around to have

lace edging on both sides.





I used my sewing machine to stitch around

the edges.



The two journals are similar, but a little different.




I used my sewing machine to stitch around

the edges.






Make your hole with a punch.



I use a Crocodile tool-




Add grommet/eyelet and crimp closed.





I bought these pony-tail holders at the Dollar Tree.






Loop the pony-tail holder through the eyelet.







Sew a button by hand on opposite side of cover.

I had two of these large vintage shank buttons.





They are a pretty pearlized blue.




Both books have the same signature pages.

I used my sewing machine

 to attach the signatures to the cover.



Good advice-

Be your beautiful self !



Here are the finished twin sisters!

I will be bringing

them to my Holiday Boutique next week.

I plan to sell them together.

So someone can give one as a gift

 and keep the other for themselves.



Thank you for stopping by today !

It's always nice to have you visit.

xo Lisa S

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twin Journals from Vintage Linen Towel

 Hello my friend! I had this vintage hand towel with beautiful embroidery but when it was hanging the design was covered up. I decided to cu...