Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Upcycle Flannel Shirt with Favorite Old T-shirt



Hello, my friend !

Have you ever had an old T-shirt 

that you really loved but it was pretty tattered ?

Maybe it had stains or lost it's shape
or
maybe a child has out grown a shirt

but still loves the graphic design.


I used an out grown T-shirt-




                                                                          and a flannel shirt-



Together to make a new shirt !

I cut out the T-shirt design.

Trimmed it down to size to fit

 the back of the flannel shirt.


I used a scrap of fusible (iron on)

interfacing between the shirts.

Cut interfacing an inch or so small than

the T-shirt if you want a ragged edge later.

Interfacing is used to stabilize the thin knit shirt.


I centered the design on the back of the flannel shirt

and ironed in place.


I used my sewing machine to stitch around the design.




Then I used sharp scissors to cut 1/4'' apart fringe.

Be careful not to cut the stitching or the flannel shirt.




Put it in the wash and then the dryer-




Love the look-

Now I can still wear an old favorite.



In our family, usually the old favorites would become

hand-me-downs OR pajamas.

I thought I would try something different.



Today is a perfect Fall Morning

 to wear my new shirt !

Have a beautiful week!!!!

xo Lisa S



If you enjoy upcycling Flannels,
you might like these-

here and here and another here










No comments:

Post a Comment

Upcycle Flannel Shirt with Favorite Old T-shirt

Hello, my friend ! Have you ever had an old T-shirt  that you really loved but it was pretty tattered ? Maybe it had stains or lost it's...