Thursday, August 20, 2026

Faux Cinnamon Roll

 Hello!

I found air-dry clay at the Dollar Tree.

It looks like it's a terra cotta color

I wanted to test it out-

I immediately thought about cinnamon rolls....

Who doesn't love cinnamon rolls year-round ?

I cut the moist slab of clay

 in half lengthwise and rolled it out

 with a rolling bin wrapped in parchment paper.



I rolled it into one large cinnamon roll.

It was easy to roll.

The edges were smoothed out 

with a little water and fingertips.

It dried overnight-

The clay is dense and weighty-

No cracking.




I painted the swirls with Matte Mod Podge and real cinnamon.

I decided to paint the clay with acrylic paint.





I used white paint for the icing and let it drip over the sides.

After the paint dried, I went over just the icing with

GLOSSY Mod Podge.




The icing stayed glossy.




It looked real to me-

A delicious paper weight!


I enjoy making faux foods- it really fools the eye!


This clay was a win!

Definitely worth a try.

An 8 oz. package made 1 extra large roll or

 could easily make

4 mini rolls.


Have a great week!

xo Lisa S

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faux Cinnamon Roll

 Hello! I found air-dry clay at the Dollar Tree. It looks like it's a terra cotta color I wanted to test it out- I immediately thought a...