Sunday, September 27, 2026

Mexican Pizza

Hello my friend ! 

I'd love to share with you a family favorite-

Yes, it's a copy cat recipe from Taco Bell....

but so much better and

so easy and great for a busy weeknight dinner.

Here's the ingredient list then we can walk it through-


You'll need:

1 lb lean Ground Beef

1 Pkg. Flour Tortillas

(We love Trader Joes Habenaro Tortillas )

1 Can Refried Beans

1 jar or can Red Enchiladas sauce

1 Packet Taco seasoning

or

Make your own Taco Seasoning-

2 tsp. Chili Powder

1 1/2 tsp. Paprika

1 tsp. Onion Powder

1/2 tsp. Salt

1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder

1/2 tsp. Cumin

1/2 tsp. Oregano

1/4 tsp. Black Pepper

Mix together dry ingredients.


Save in a jar and use as needed.


You will use this seasoning when you brown the ground beef.

I also add a chopped onion if I have one on hand.

Season to your family's taste

I add a Tbsp or so and also add alittle water.

Brown the meat, season and set aside.



To assemble your pizza:

Start with

2 flour tortillas per pizza


We love these Trader Joe's Habenero Tortillas!



I lightly sprayed both tortillas with avocado oil spray, 

cook in a skillet on the stove top so

they would be crisp.


On a cookie sheet, place one crisp tortilla.




Spread a layer of Refried Beans, then top with

a layer of cooked and seasoned meat.

Top with another crispy tortilla.

Cover the top tortilla with enchilada sauce.

Add toppings over sauce.

Toppings can include

grated cheese, chopped green onions, diced tomatoes,

and even sliced black olives.

It's fun to let everyone add there own toppings.


Bake at 350' about 10 min.

 or until cheese has melted.


Your pizza will be crispy and delicious.

 


                                           Cut into wedge slices like a small pizza and serve hot.

So yummy!!!

Have a wonderful week.
xo Lisa S


14 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous. When I saw the title of this post, my mind went immediately to Taco Bell. This was a favorite of mine there for a long time. I'd love to try it at home. Thanks for the recipe! So glad you shared this with us at the Will Blog for Comments #93 linkup! Looking forward to seeing what you'll share at #94. I hope you're having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, Mexican Pizza at Taco Bell was always a favorite of ours. With eveything is so expensive now- I wanted to try and make a heathier and cheaper version at home. I hope you try it !
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  2. Hi- Saw you on IN MY Kitchen... This looks really good. Thanks for sharing the recipe. We love pizza .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judee! I think you will like this recipe.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for hosting! I'm so glad you stopped by to visit.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  4. This looks so delicious and is my kind of meal! TFS! Visiting from Craftastic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy,
      I love an easy meal ! Thank you for visiting.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  5. We are really into pizza at the moment, we've bought a new pizza oven so there is lots of experimenting happening. Mexican now on the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh a Pizza oven would be wonderful to have....You are probably making so many delicious variations. I hope you try the mexican pizza , let me know.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  6. Your taco seasoning sounds delicious, must save...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melynda,
      It's so nice to have taco seasoning ready to go! Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate you!
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  7. Lisa, this looks so good! And easy to make. I'm sure it's much better than Taco Bell.
    Thanks so much for sharing with Sweet Tea & Friends this month dear friend . I'm so happy you're here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, It really satisfies my cravings. My husband likes getting extra meat just for asking-Thank you for your sweet comment!
      xo Lisa S

      Delete

How to make Grubby Candles

  Hello my friend! It looks like a mess, but I promise it's not that bad. I'm going to show you how I made  some grubby candles usin...