Sunday, January 17, 2021

Valentine Vignette and Recycled Heart box

 Hello my Friends!

Today I decided to fill my cubby for Valentines' Day.

The weather is wonderful- it's been 80 degrees- 

so I guess for me the Winter Decor was very short lived !





I call it my cubby- It came from Pottery Barn years ago. 

When it went on clearance, I thought I needed it!



I wanted to make a pretty candy box.

I found these small candy boxes at the Dollar Tree.



I just covered the lid and bottom with

scrapbook paper

Measure the sides and cover with paper or lace.


I used ribbon to decorate the edge, top and bottom.

I had a lot of ribbon in my stash.

It worked fine.

My paper and ribbon had small hints of yellow

along with the pink.



                                                 I wanted to make some fake chocolates to display

                                                          but my clay was dried out.

I  found this lip balm at the Dollar Tree and the 99cent Store.

 

I thought it looked like a piece of chocolate candy.



I put it in a candy wrapper.



I added a Tulle bow and a rose to the lid.



I have lots of vintage single clip on earrings.

I went through them to find pinks and reds.

The earrings stand up on their own, and are great for holding

small notes or Valentines!









I stood the valentine on the box along with the "chocolate".





Here's another box.

I used a page from an old Sears and Roebuck Catalogue I have.

My Husband loves cherries.




 



That's his Valentine!

He can only have fake candy for now :)

He has to wait!










I brought out one of my Nancy Ann dolls.

She has a red polka dot dress but I was worried

about changing her.

My collection came from my babysitter, she gave them to me

when she out grew dolls.

I have loved them ever since.


Do any of you remember Nancy Ann?




Have a wonderful week!

xo Lisa S

36 comments:

  1. you are sooooo clever. love this display. the clip earrings and how you repurposed them gave me a chuckle. thank you for bringing a smile to start my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra,
      Thank you so much. I was amazed that the earrings worked so well as clips. I can't believe women wore them. They really pinch !
      I'm SO glad you visited today. Come back soon.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  2. So pretty and perfect for the holiday!!
    Jenna ♥
    Stay in touch? Life of an Earth Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your cubby and your great ideas! The pink "chocolate" made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy'
      Thank you so much my friend. Can you believe it's almost February! So sad I can only have fake candy, No candy is safe here.
      Have a sweet week!
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Michele.
      It's fun to fill 24 little openings.
      So nice to hear from you,
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  5. This is too cute! I'm going to include it in my new Weekly Rambles post, highlighing my faves this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lora,
      Oh you are such a sweet friend! I look forward to your weekly ramble!!! Thank you so much.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  6. the clip on earring stand for the Valentines is BRILLIANT!
    I would love for you to join me over at the Creative Crafts Linky Party every Wednesday through Sunday https://creativelybeth.com/creative-crafts-linky-party-25/
    Have a great week,
    Creatively, Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth. The earrings are great little clips. I have a box full of singles.
      I guess my Grandma was hopeful to find the match :)
      I'm so glad to join your link. Thank you for hosting.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  7. Great looking display! using the earrings as a stand is clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many clever ideas, Lisa! Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are just too adorable, Lisa !!
    Thank you for sharing your post with us at Meraki Link Party.
    Have a wonderful week
    Naush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are so sweet Naush! Thanks for hosting.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  10. I need this. I have an old Pepsi box that I use for displays and I never thought to do holiday themes. I, of course displayed sea treasures. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mrs.!
      It's fun to change the display often. The old soda boxes are great!
      Congrats again !
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  11. Just darling! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janine
      what a nice thing to say. You are welcome :)
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  12. You are so clever! I would have never thought to use clip earrings. I love this. Featuring it over on the Farmhouse Friday Link Party this week. Hope you link up again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That cubby shelf can be used for so many fun displays and for each season. Your did a great job with the Valentine's decor. Thanks for sharing. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a fun shelf. I wish Pottery Barn still had them in stock. Thanks for visiting. It's always a pleasure to have you :)
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  14. I love this retro inspired vignette Lisa.
    Thank you for sharing it at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather this week. I'm delighted to be featuring it at tomorrow's party and pinning too.
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love retro! Thank you for sharing with us at EH&F!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn'
      We have a lot in common!
      Thank you for hosting and visiting today ;)
      xo LISA s

      Delete
  16. This looks beautiful. I'm sure you really did need that cubby, especially if it was on sale - you made a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie !
      I hope you are having a wonderful week.
      So nice to have you visit.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  17. Lisa,
    I love your cubby and all the Valentine decor. Your updated Valentine boxes are precious. You always come up with such creative ideas. Congratulations, you are being featured at Over The Moon Linky Party. See you there.
    https://www.eclecticredbarn.com/2021/01/over-moon-linky-party_31.html
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bev,
      Oh you are so sweet. Thank you so so much!!!
      You made my day.
      I look forward to the next party.
      Thank you my friend.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  18. What an amazing display! I love how you used the vintage earrings. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna! What a nice thing to say.
      I have a bunch of single earrings, they are great little bling for so many projects.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete

Faux Tin Tile Bunny

Hello My Friends!  Most of the Craft and Dollar Stores have some chunky cut outs for Spring! There are so many ways to decorate these. I use...