Thursday, April 8, 2021

Thrifty Find- Milking Stool

 Hello my friends!

I found this cute little stool last weekend.

It was half-price on furniture day

at one of my favorite thrift stores.


At first I thought I just wanted the legs-


but they were nice and tight.

For now it's a keeper-


I stained the stool with 

WATCO Danish Oil Finish in Dark Walnut and a soft cloth.

I was thinking about painting the stool-

I usually have to stencil everything, but for some reason 

I wasn't in the mood.


I liked the way it looked, just with the stain.




For SPRING, I placed some of my vintage tablecloths

on my blanket ladder.

I put the stool in front for now.



My daisies are just beginning

to bloom!



Since it's a milking stool, 

I put some daisies in a few glass cream bottles.



These small stools make great risers for vignettes.

That's about all I have been up to this week-



I hope you have a great week!

xo Lisa S



15 comments:

  1. That is such a cute find - and it turned out so cute!!
    Jenna ♥
    Stay in touch? Life of an Earth Muffin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna,
      It's been a while since I found anything interesting enough to take home. Have a great week!
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  2. Perfect display with the milk bottles and the daisies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely cute find and you did a great job of staining it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Thelma,
      I could not find much out there this week.
      I need to visit you to see what you are up to-
      Take care,
      xo ;) Lisa S

      Delete
  4. Lovely. Thank you for sharing on the Classy Flamingos blog party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute, with so many possible ways to use and style it! Love! Thanks for sharing it at Sundays on Silverado!

    Niky @ The House on Silverado

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Niky,
      It's always a treat to have you visit!
      Thank you for hosting.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  6. Great find and you finished it up so nicely. It would make a great plant stand since you couldn't take the legs off. Glad you didn't though and remade it better. Thanks for sharing. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Donna,
      I'm glad I didn't take it apart. I hope you have a great week.
      I really appreciate you hosting each week. I love to have you visit!
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  7. Marilyn,
    It is always a pleasure to join you!
    Thank you for hosting and sharing your delicious treats!
    xo Lisa S

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a professional job on this Lisa and it fits beautifully in to your home! CONGRAGS for being our Friend of the Week at Friendship Friday at Create With Joy! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Faux Tin Tile Bunny

Hello My Friends!  Most of the Craft and Dollar Stores have some chunky cut outs for Spring! There are so many ways to decorate these. I use...