Wednesday, May 16, 2018

DIY LIBRARY CARD CATALOG CABINET


 Here it is.....
 
 
 
Maybe I should have warned you......This started out really needing some help.
 
 This thrifty find was $1.00
 
 
 
Cleaned with a damp cloth. Sanded lightly. 
 
 

 I used Chalk Paint, 2 coats covered that RED
 
 
The cabinet
 
* With a cabinet like this you can also flip over so the top is the bottom of the cabinet,
 
if it is in bad repair. 
 
 


The original fronts......turn all the way around
 
 
 
 


 The new fronts..... are  the old backs!
 
 
 
 
 
Here is the hardware that I had, it is a little large but it will work
 

I made a paper pattern of the drawer front and marked each drawer
 
where I will drill the holes.
 
 
 
I returned the drawers to the cabinet.
 
Sand  lightly for an aged look, wipe down to remove dust.
 
Wax or Seal before you add the hardware.



 I drilled all the pilot holes.
 
 
 
I used a tiny Phillips screwdriver and attached the hardware
by hand. That took a while but no mistakes...Thank goodness.
 
 
 
 SO.....If the drawers are in good shape
 
and the same size, they can be flipped around!
 
 
 
Here is the old front!
 
 
 
 FINISHED and ready to take some pics!
 
 
 
 
 
Tell me what you think. 
 
 
THANK YOU for visiting !
xo LISA S 
 
 
 

14 comments:

  1. Such a great upcycle, Lisa! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think so!
      THANKS for a great Party-xo Lisa S

      Delete
  2. Great makeover! So smart flipping all the things in this 'flip'! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie! So glad you stopped by.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  3. Adorable makeover Lisa! I love these drawer catalogs they are so versatile, I did a similar one last year with seed packets. Yours came out great, thanks for sharing your project at #fridaysfurniturefix !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, I appreciate your sweet comment!
      Thank you for hosting an awesome party.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  4. This is very cute, a great upcycle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love!!! It's beautiful Lisa. Such a cute makeover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are sweet! Thanks Michelle-
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  6. Such a great makeover Lisa. Now the catalog cabinet, really stands out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary,
      Thank you so much ! It was fun to see the transformation. So glad you came to visit. xo Lisa S

      Delete
  7. This is so great! I was wondering what the dimensions of the unit were. Thinking of seeing if my hubby can make one for me if I can't find something similar on the cheap. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie
      Thank you so much!
      The unit is 10 3/4" wide, 7 3/4" high, 4 3/4" deep.
      Thanks for visiting! xo Lisa S

      Delete

Faux Tin Tile Bunny

Hello My Friends!  Most of the Craft and Dollar Stores have some chunky cut outs for Spring! There are so many ways to decorate these. I use...