Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Spools of Thread ~ LOVE NOTE HOLDERS



 
Here is a gift idea I would like to share. These spools of thread can hold
 
pictures, recipes, button cards or love notes.
 
They can be used as placeholders on tables or share a favorite Bible Verse.
 
I thought these would make nice ''I LOVE YOU'' gifts for MOTHERS' DAY.
 
 


Pick a color you have or make more than one!


 
 You will need bailing wire and pliers
 
and hot glue gun.
 
 
~How to make a heart~ 
 
 
about 8-10'' 
 





 
 
 

Loop at the sides and then back to the center. 
 
 

Hot glue in the center hole.



Hot glue a pinch of moss.

 
 
 
Ready for decorating.
 
 
 ~Another variation for the small spools.~
 
Make your heart, with pliers.
 
 
 
 
Continue twisting, 



 Cut off extra wire using pliers.
 
Hot glue in center of spool.
 
 
Add a pinch of moss with hot glue. Then go through your crafting
 
scraps and see what you find. Small bits of lace, ribbon and tiny
 
flowers, butterflies or other embellishments will look beautiful.
 
 The small birds I had were orange, I used acrylic paint to change their look.
 
I added a bit of white glue in places and
 
sprinkled with white glitter.
 
 
A close -up of the blue one. 
 
 
 
 
 
In the kitchen with one of my Moms' best recipes,
 
in her own handwriting !
 
 
 Pretty colors all together.
 
 
They are so small, I'm having a hard time getting a good picture.
 
 
I found this child size chair and platter while thrift shopping today. I thought
 
it would be a good photo prop.
 
 
Make a few of these and leave a comment, tell me what colors were your favorite.
  
 
Share with someone you love, and don't forget to tell them so.... often!
 
Have a wonderful day!
xoLisaS
 
 
 

25 comments:

  1. How dang cute are these!? Saving this one for a crafting date with my son's girlfriend. They would be precious tree trimmers at Christmas time too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TeenaBugg38,
      You are so sweet! Thank you so much for visiting.
      xoLisaS

      Delete
  2. Lisa, these are just so sweet! Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like my project. I am so grateful for your awesome parties! Thank you for the pin.
      xoLisaS

      Delete
  3. So cute! I need to put some vintage spool to good use, and this might be what I need to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rush! So nice to hear from you again. Thank you I'm glad I inspired you. Happy Crafting! xoLisaS

      Delete
  4. I simply love this creative use of a spool of thread! I think I might be making one of these for my grandmother for Mother's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loni,
      Thank you so much. I think your Grandmother will love it! Come back and visit and say hello. xoLisaS

      Delete
  5. These are incredibly cute! Thanks so much for sharing with Party in Your PJs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynda,
      Thank you for the sweet comment! I appreciate you hosting at Party in Your PJ'S. XO Lisa S

      Delete
  6. Awh, these are gorgeous, I always keep empty cotton reels (that's what we call them here in the UK) so I could make something similar, maybe cover the empty reel with ribbon, mine mind is whirling with possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie,
      Thank you so much. I have used lace and even paper and they still look cute. At Christmas I used scraps of bakers twine and sheet music. They were good sellers. xo Lisa S

      Delete
  7. I love the little present topper with the bird on the nest- adorable! Such a cute craft!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So darling! Thanks so much for joining us on Friday Frenzy! P~

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I love them, they are so sweet! Thanks for sharing with us at the To Grandma's house we go link party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tarahlynn, Your comment was so nice! Thank you for hosting and visiting. xo Lisa S

      Delete
  10. iI love these ~ what gauge is the wire?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bobbie, I don't see a gauge listed. This is just Bailing wire at the hardware store it is usually
      near the rebar. I hope that helps.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  11. I will check it out at my local Ace store ~ thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Lisa ~ I found some 16 gauge copper (my fave) I think will work perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bobbie,
      I'm so glad you found so wire, I think copper will look great! xo Lisa S

      Delete

Faux Tin Tile Bunny

Hello My Friends!  Most of the Craft and Dollar Stores have some chunky cut outs for Spring! There are so many ways to decorate these. I use...