Sunday, April 29, 2018

DIY Bottle Garden & Insulator Tea Lights

 
 
The weather is so nice today! I decided to go out into the garden to add
 
a bit of whimsy to an area by the chicken coops.
 
My sweet Husband brought me these Iron Gates a few years ago.
 
He thought I would like them. He was SO RIGHT. I love them!
 
I have used them to grow SWEET PEA flowers, but decided I would
 
like to make a BOTTLE GARDEN.
 
 First I gathered some bottles, new and old.
 

I also had a few vintage glass Insulators.
 
 
I used Bailing Wire and pliers
 
 
 
The first bottle I will make the loop large to fit over a doorknob.
 
Cut a piece of wire about 18 '' long.




Twist a couple times using pliers.
 
Wrap around the lip of the bottle and twist tightly again using pliers.
 
        
 




Cut ends so they are more even.
 



I like to curl the sharp ends using the end of pliers for a decorative finish.
 
Cut a 4'' piece of wire to make an ''S ''hook to hang on your fence or wood area
 
in your yard.
 
 
 
I hung this on the door while I made the rest.
 
Do you celebrate May Day ?
 
You could leave one on your neighbors door.
 
 

 Here is a closer look.
 
For the Insulators, they will be flipped over so they will be hung upside down.
 
 
 
They are the perfect size to hold a tea light.
 
For safety reasons I prefer the battery operated type.
 
The Dollar Tree has the tea light size and the votive size both will work.
 
If we our outside enjoying our friends and family I don't want to worry about candles.
 


These have a flickering effect. You can turn them on ahead of time and
 
enjoy the mood lighting !
 
 
Look how beautiful they look on the table
 
When they sit upright. The tea lights fit under perfectly!


 
 
 
 
And at night.
 
 
They have a nice glow.



I hung the bottles on the fence, filled with water
 
and fresh flowers and added the tea lights to the Insulators.

 





I may add more bottles, but for now I like the way it turned out.
 
Thank you again for visiting!    
 
Please follow by email if you would like to be notified when I post.
 
I always appreciate comments and I will respond back.
 
Have a wonderful day!
xoLisaS 
 







31 comments:

  1. How sweet this is. It gives the garden such a nice ambiance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra, It does add some vertical interest to a plain wall background. Your comment is so nice to hear. I'm glad you stopped by to say hello. Have a great week ! xoLisaS

      Delete
  2. Love this, Lisa! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome, it is so fun to share!
      Thank you so much for the encouragement to continue.
      xoLisaS

      Delete
  3. I have one of these insulators and was trying to decide what to do with it. I love your idea. Thanks for sharing on To Grandma's House We Go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting! I love the pretty colors of the insulators. It blew my mind when I found out that the battery tea lights fit so well. xoLisaS

      Delete
  4. Such a beautiful way to collect and display bottles. Thanks for the photo pics of the wire hangers. I tend to over think when I add wire hangers and they don't turn out quite as adorable as yours. Love the curlicues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Audra,
      You always say such nice things! Thank you so much.
      xoLisaS

      Delete
  5. This is adorable & what a charming garden decoration. I will be featuring this in my 13 Charming Garden Decorations at Merry Monday on Sunday at 6 pm pst. Hope to see you at the party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny, Thank you so much. I am so excited to be featured at Merry Monday! This is wonderful. xoLisaS

      Delete
  6. So pretty! I may have to add this to my yard! Thanks for sharing at Bloggers Pitstop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise, Thank you for hosting a great party!
      I am so glad you liked my project and stopped by. xoLisaS

      Delete
  7. What a great way to display colored glass!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That's so nice of you to say. I'm glad you stopped by. xo Lisa S

      Delete
  9. Loving these projects. I have used mattress coils and this is giving me an idea. Thank you!

    Also thank you for joining the Dishing It & Digging It Link Party. I hope you're getting good views and meeting new friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine, I really appreciate the opportunity to share. Thank you for hosting! I am having so much fun. Thanks for visiting and saying hello. Have a great week. xo Lisa S

      Delete
  10. I adore this idea. Now I have to find some fence sections or gates like yours. We collected bottles for wedding guest table decorations so we have many.

    Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend? You will be a feature next week.

    Wishes for tasty dishes,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Thank you so much. I am so glad you liked my project.
      Thank you for hosting and letting us share.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  11. Lucky you! Those gates are to die for! Love how you have the bottle vases on them and the insulators! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Lisa! I love these. I've seen them 1000 times and wondered what to do w/ them and now I have some ideas. Featuring when my link party opens up tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, You always give such nice comments. I appreciate you so much. Thank you for hosting and featuring my gardening project. I'm thrilled.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  13. What a fun patio display this makes! Thanks for sharing with Party in Your PJs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynda, Thank you so much for hosting and visiting!
      I appreciate the nice comment. xo Lisa S

      Delete
  14. Lovely! Will be featuring at Party in Your PJs/Two Chicks and a Mom tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, Thank you I'm so excited ! Thank you for another amazing party. xo Lisa S

      Delete
  15. Thanks so much for linking up with me at #AThemedLinkup 18 for Crafting with Bottles and Jars, open May 30 to June 10. All party entries shared if social media buttons installed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I love these bottles hanging like that with tea lights. So adorable and fun! I hopped over from Grammy’s Grid!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks lovely! What a fun idea. I love all the colors of glass mixed together.

    ReplyDelete

Faux Tin Tile Bunny

Hello My Friends!  Most of the Craft and Dollar Stores have some chunky cut outs for Spring! There are so many ways to decorate these. I use...