Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Thrift Store DIY Desk Organizer



I found this DESK ORGANIZER the other day when I was out Thrift Shopping.
 
I thought it had potential. Any wood, even cheap wood
 
will look great with a coat of chalk paint.
 
 
 
I needed to clean it up, just a wipe down with a soft cloth.
 
A little bit of wood glue in a couple spots.
 
Then a bit of sanding with #200 sandpaper, and
 
another wipe down.
 
I got out the supplies needed to paint.
 
I went over to Joanne's Fabrics to get some paint and I saw this set of brushes
 
and I thought I would give them a try.
 
                                                                            

                                             The brush on the left is for stenciling or chalk paint.

                                  The brush on the right is for wax. Easy clean up with soap and water.


 
 
 
 
 
I painted the entire organizer with  Adirondack White Chalk Paint.
 
The brushes worked well.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I gave it 2 coats it some places, and left some places with a bit of the dark wood showing.
 
I painted inside the drawer, and on the underside.
 
I moved it around from desk to desk-
 
 
 
 
 
and  moved it again.
 
To the Kitchen
 
 
 
 
 
and then back to the desk again.
 
 
 
AND another desk!
 

                                         If you follow me on Instagram@freshvintagebylisas

                                                 
                                       I tell a little bit about the LOVE LETTERS in the cubbies.



                                                           Thank you so much for stopping by !

                                                                    I  really appreciate it !
                                                                             xoLisaS


 
 
 
 
 

 

27 comments:

  1. Great find I love how you restored it looks beautiful and functional. Great job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, Thank you so much for visiting my blog.
      I'm so glad you liked my project. xoLisaS

      Delete
  2. Hello, stopping in from Sherry's link-up! I really love the make-over and I will say I have always wanted one of those sweet desk organizers and the shabby chic... LOVE IT
    Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roxy, So glad you stopped by ! It's nice to meet you.
      Thanks for the visit come back soon. xoLisaS

      Delete
  3. It turned out beautiful! I redid one almost like yours here: https://www.littlevintagecottage.com/2017/08/7-days-of-thrift-shop-flips.html!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tania, Thank you I will check it out. Aren't Thrift Stores awesome! xoLisaS

      Delete
  4. Great Job and so Practical. I'll pin it. Please check out my post, #240 Tips for Success Journal Soar at Business and Life! You sure could record this makeover as a BIG success in your success journal. Nancy Andres @ www.colors4health.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great find, and the chalk paint did wonders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cherryl,
      I am so glad you liked it! Come back and visit again.
      xoLisaS

      Delete
  6. I love how this turned out, Lisa! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love your parties, so many great ideas are shared. xoLisaS

      Delete
  7. Looks great!! Thanks for sharing with us at the To Grandma's house we go link party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nice comments Tarahlynn !
      It's so nice to meet you. xoLisaS

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Florence, I'm so glad you liked my little project.
      I hope you can find one too! xoLisaS

      Delete
  9. Wow Folk Art has come a long way baby! Have to keep my eye for it for these products, adorable makeover too those organizers are always a great find! Thanks for sharing no it at #fridaysfurniturefix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, Thank you for hosting. You always have such great ideas.xoLisaS

      Delete
  10. What a fabulous transformation! I love how you have breathed new life into this classic piece. I'd love to have something like this in my home. Thank you for sharing this post with the Hearth and Soul Link Party. Following you on Instagram. I hope you are having a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. April, Your kind words made my day! Thank you for the party and the follow! So nice to meet you!xoLisaS

      Delete
  11. It just goes to show you that a little paint can go a long way. Love the update and it is super functional too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was a great find and beautiful transformation. I need to find some different thrift stores! Thank you for sharing with us at Celebrate Your Story and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, Your comment is sweet, you made me giggle!
      I am happy to share, thank you for hosting. Have a wonderful weekend so glad you stopped by. xoLisaS

      Delete
  13. I was examining some of your content on this website and I believe this web
    site is very informative! Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet internet site, super design and style, really clean and utilize friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have 2 exactly like these that belonged to my grandmother. I have never thought of painting one of them. Now I’m inspired to do just that. I would like to use one of them in a repurposed way but I haven’t been able to think of
    another use for them besides as the desk organizer they are.

    ReplyDelete

Faux Tin Tile Bunny

Hello My Friends!  Most of the Craft and Dollar Stores have some chunky cut outs for Spring! There are so many ways to decorate these. I use...