Friday, April 20, 2018

How to Fake a Farmhouse Wire Basket

 
I found a few different baskets at the Dollar Tree, but I am just not a Neon Green
 
or Hot Pink kind of Girl. I really would prefer a nice galvanized
 
vintage wire basket. I have been fortunate to find a few,
 
 but with popularity comes scarcity and  high prices.
 
I will usually settle for white organizers but I really liked the shape of this basket
 
below and this was the only color available.
 
 
 
Here is the other one I liked.
 
 



The paint that I used is below
 


In  MATTE NICKEL 
 
This paint worked great.! It gives a slight grit finish.
 
NOT smooth like other spray paints. It even feels like metal.
 
I took the baskets outside to spray. I also painted a Locker Bin but I will share that later.
 
 
 
Here is another basket
 
 
 


This paint gave very good coverage.
 
It dried quickly I was impressed.
 
I was very impressed with the look and feel of the baskets.
 
I can honestly say they look even better in person.
 
 
 
 
On the above tray basket I used a different spray paint by Rust-o-leum. One that is more widely
 
available in the color Flat Antique Nickel.
 
Metallic Paint and Primer in one
 
 
 
The small square basket holds 4 of the Milk Bottle Vases from this project perfectly.
 
 
 
Milk Bottles from the Dollar Tree
 
 
 
 

I had fun changing things around.





 
I will definitely do this again ! I am so happy with the way they turned out.





 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 


 
A more realistic use would be just a mail drop!

 
Thank you,
 



I hope you have a wonderful day!
 
xoLisaS







16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Mary, Thank you so much! Glad you stopped by to say hello. xoLisaS

      Delete
  2. Spray paint is my best friend, thank you for sharing this idea.
    The baskets do look 100x better painted and love how you display things in them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, what a great idea ~ one I haven't seen before. Thanks for sharing at Happiness is Homemade LInk Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol! I am so glad you stopped by. I loved sharing thank you for hosting. xoLisaS

      Delete
  4. Wonderful way to upcycle your baskets, Lisa! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am having so much fun. Thank you for hosting another great party. xoLisaS

      Delete
  5. Brilliant. Totally brilliant. My little brain is doing a search of things to spray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michele ! You have me laughing out loud. I can just imagine, I do the same thing. I'm glad I inspired you! xoLisas

      Delete
  6. Dollar Tree is a crafter's best friend. Your baskets came out great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra, So true! Thank you for your kind comment!
      Thanks for visiting,xoLisaS

      Delete
  7. I love your basket. It's perfect for farmhouse décor. Thanks for sharing on Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda, I'm so glad you like my project. It was fun to share. Thank you so much for hosting!

      Delete

Faux Tin Tile Bunny

Hello My Friends!  Most of the Craft and Dollar Stores have some chunky cut outs for Spring! There are so many ways to decorate these. I use...