Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Kitchenware as Repurposed Planters



                                                                                     



                                           I don't know but it seems all garage sales, tag sales,

                                             yard sales and estate sales have one thing in common.

                                                                Tons of  KITCHENWARE !

        I want to share a couple of fun pieces to turn into planters.
                                                 First I found an aluminum colander for .50

                                                          These are so useful in the garden.

                                    I use one to carry fresh vegetables and herbs to the house.

                                             Then it is easy to rinse and clean your veggies.


I had a Coco Liner on hand from The Dollar Tree. You can

line the sides and bottom with moss if you prefer.


It was a pretty good fit !

They can be trimmed with scissors.


                            I used Patio Potting Mix and purchased one small pot of Petunias.
         


Less mess if I do it on the grass!



 The Colander on the left has succulents that I planted in the Fall


The other pan was an old Jello Mold for .50


I used the same Potting Mix.

I know there is special potting soil for succulents but it is expensive and I have

had good results with the Patio Mix.

I will only water the wreath with a spray bottle.


                                                    I just used cuttings from my backyard.
For this project you will only need a small amount
of cuttings. If you don't have access to
cutting, ask friends and neighbors to save you some.
Hey ask your Mom or Grandma !
Gardeners love to share.


I used a stick to poke holes in the dirt.

Gently press stems into the holes and tap down dirt around plant. 

Mist with a spray bottle.
As the plants establish you can give your wreath a tilt if you like.

Trim to keep the shape.

I brought it in the house and added a candle.

 A Living Wreath



Thank you for stopping by !




Have a Wonderful Day !
xoLisaS









47 comments:

  1. So fun and pretty! Love a good re-purpose like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Victoria! Thanks for visiting come back again.

      Delete
  2. Wow. Thanks for walking us through it so, I think I got it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Beverly, What a nice thing to say ! Thank you,xoLisaS

      Delete
  4. These are so fun ~ repurposed garden containers are the best! I love that you added a candle to your living wreath. I've seen these used as planters on tables with patio umbrellas too ;) Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm--pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love how this this turned out! Thanks for sharing with us at the To Grandma's house we go link party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tarahlynn,
      Thank you so much for hosting and visiting! I am so glad you liked my project. Please stop by again. xoLisaS

      Delete
  6. Oh my, so pretty! Love how you are using the candle in the mold and using the succulents in it. Glad you told us how to water it too. I would probably drown them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florence, Thank you for stopping by! Yes, The succulents will be fine with just the misting.xoLisaS

      Delete
  7. These are so cute and such a good idea! I never would have thought of it. Thank you for sharing on Party in Your PJ's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet to say that! Thanks for an awesome party! I'm so glad you stopped by to say HELLO.
      xoLisaS

      Delete
  8. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! Thank you for hosting it is so nice to see so many ideas shared. xoLisaS

      Delete
  9. What a great idea and so creative of your with the plants!
    Thanks for sharing at our Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, Thank you for the opportunity to share at your party!xoLisaS

      Delete
  10. These look great. I always see plenty of these at thrift stores and garage sales.

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dianne, Thank you so much for stopping by!
      You are so right, just about everyone can find either of these items at anytime. xoLisaS

      Delete
  11. This is so creative and beautiful, nice photos too.
    Kathleen
    Blogger's Pit Stop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathleen, You are so sweet! Thank you for the party.
      xoLisaS

      Delete
  12. Cute ideas! Pinned! Thanks for joining us on Friday Frenzy! P~

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun idea. Featuring when my party opens up tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute and clever idea!! I think I have an old bunt cake form somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the repurposed kitchenware. Especially, the colander. Thanks for sharing on Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda,
      Thank you for the nice comments! Thank you for hosting at SUNDAY'S BEST-xoLisaS

      Delete
  16. Thank you for the neat idea. I think I will try this :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I inspired you. Thanks for visiting, come by again. xoLisaS

      Delete
  17. Love these ideas! I have some old kitchenware that I was going to throw out but now I know what to do with it. Succulents are my first choice of plants! Greetings from the Blogger's Pit Stop :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Fabiola! Thank you for stopping by. I'm glad you already have some cookware ready to plant.
      Succulents are amazing, I am in LOVE with them too. xoLisaS

      Delete
  18. What wonderful ideas, Lisa! I particularly like the succulents in the cake pan. I'm featuring this post at the Hearth and Soul Link Party this week. Thank you so much for sharing it, and for being a part of Hearth and Soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. April, I am so thrilled. Thank you for the feature.
      xoLisaS

      Delete
  19. Hi Lisa! Love this post! I am featuring you today over at Thursday Favorite Things. I hope you come back and link up again this week!
    https://followtheyellowbrickhome.com/junkin-finds-shabby-chic-garden-treasures/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amber, I went over to see the features! They look great. THANK YOU so much. Your site is beautiful.
      xoLisaS

      Delete
  20. Marilyn , I am so excited. thank you so much for the feature. I will stop by! Thanks for the visit and the invite to return. xoLisaS

    ReplyDelete
  21. This planter looks awesome! What a great way to reuse & repurpose this into a planter. Thank you for sharing at Merry Monday. Hope to see you at the party next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny, Thank you for hosting and stopping by to say hello! I appreciate your sweet comment. xoLisaS

      Delete
  22. What a great idea! Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with Full Plate Thursday!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miz Helen,
      I really appreciate you stopping by to visit. Thank you so much for hosting! xoLisaS

      Delete
  23. Such a fun and clever ideas! I love this and chose it for my feature this week! #FridayFrivolity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, You are too kind! I am honored to be featured.
      I truly appreciate the opportunity to share. xoLisaS

      Delete
  24. Thanks for sharing at Inspire Me Monday. I wanted to let you know that you are one of my featured links this week. Come check it out at https://www.farmhouse40.com/inspire-me-monday-178

    ReplyDelete

Faux Tin Tile Bunny

Hello My Friends!  Most of the Craft and Dollar Stores have some chunky cut outs for Spring! There are so many ways to decorate these. I use...