Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Repairing a Vintage Cookbook

 


Hello there,

it's nice to have you stop by!

My library always has a cart outside marked FREE !

Every once in a while I find a treasure.

I found this 1965 Betty Crocker

Cookbook- It was in sad condition.

The covers were completely removed and the pages

were out of order and plenty of stains.

I loved the pictures and thought

 I could use them for some other project.

When I looked over the book I noticed that

none of the pages were missing.

Then I thought I will just try to put it back together

as best I could.



I looked in my stash and found this old

Mary Engelbreit fabric with tiny cherries.




I used the fabric to cover the inside. 



I used a 3 hole punch to replace

 the old missing binding.




I had 3, 1'' binder rings







I used some scraps of ribbon to cover the hinge.







Then I added an old Betty Crocker Gingerbread Man

cookie cutter to the ring.



I 'm glad I  was able to keep it together.

This cookbook has some fun recipes.



Here are a couple that I want to try-






Take care, my friend!

xo Lisa S

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely project! I vaguely remember that book as a child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I was able to keep it together !
      Thanks for visiting.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete

Repairing a Vintage Cookbook

  Hello there, it's nice to have you stop by! My library always has a cart outside marked FREE ! Every once in a while I find a treasure...