Monday, September 23, 2024

Old Wood Spool PUMPKINS

 

Hi friends!

Happy First Week of Fall-

My very favorite time of year!

Just a super quick craft idea today.

A friend gave me some old empty spools last week .

She thought I could use them.

I decided to make some rustic

 place card markers for seating at Thanksgiving Dinner.

I had a roll of orange jute in my gift wrapping stash.



I just wrapped each spool, single layer with the jute.




Went in the yard to find a stick for a stem.

I found a pinch of Spanish Moss in my craft supplies'




I pushed some moss in the spool hole, then pushed in the twig.

These could be finished at this point if you want to make a 

small shelf sitter!

They can sit on a shelf throughout October and November.



I cut a 4'' piece of wire and made 2 loops on the end with 

needle nose pliers.



I poked the wire in the opening-



I cut small leaf shapes out of brown paper.



I wrote names on the leaves-

I need to make some more before Thanksgiving!













The wire is strong and will hold a thick card 

without falling over.



Here are more ideas for spools -


Thank you so much for letting me share with you!

xo Lisa S

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Wood Spool PUMPKINS

  Hi friends! Happy First Week of Fall- My very favorite time of year! Just a super quick craft idea today. A friend gave me some old empty ...