Thursday, August 27, 2026

Just Getting Started- A little FALL Decor

Hi friends,

I was at the Dollar tree 

getting something else when

I saw these Maple leaf stems.

I know I could spend more and get better quality

floral at Hobby Lobby or just about anywhere else.


I had an idea and I wanted to see if it would work.  



I love the brown and beige tones.

I bought 2 stems for $1.25 each, so not a big investment .



Found some old book pages in my paper stash.



I used one of the leaves to make a pattern.

Then cut some Maple leaves from the book pages.



You could even stain your pages 

with coffee, tea or watercolor paints.



I folded the leaves down the center.





Then glued the leaves to a center piece that 

did not have a leaf...

but looked like it needed one.





It made the stems nice and full !





I put one stem in an old cider jug...




It works for me-

nothing fancy!





Here's a close up of the leaves.




I put the other stem in a white pitcher.



This year

I plan to decorate with my brown transferware, 

lots of browns and neutrals.




It turned out like I was thinking....I like it-


Okay... tell me what you think. 

Are you thinking about Fall?

Or are you 'enjoying' 105 degree weather like I am ???

Have a great week!

xo Lisa S

7 comments:

  1. Well, we are finally in our second day of temps below 80...and yes, you can smell Fall in the air, crisp mornings...definitely time to think of Fall! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandi,
      We are still in the high 80's also- yesterday we had some rain, what a relief. I even got out my pumpkin candle..
      Thanks for the visit.
      I hope you have a great week.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  2. That is so creative and unique. Love this idea. They look wonderful.
    Visiting today from SSPS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula- Thank you so much!!! I hope you are having a great week.
      xo Lisa S

      Delete
  3. I haven’t decorated anything yet, but this is such a lovely idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the addition of the book pages Lisa.
    I'm delighted to be featuring this project at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather this week and pinning too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The book pages are lovely. I have started some fall decorating too. Thank you Lisa for sharing at Love Your Creativity. Happy Autumn.

    ReplyDelete

Mexican Pizza

Hello my friend !  I'd love to share with you a family favorite- Yes, it's a copy cat recipe from Taco Bell.... but so much better a...